4 slices Honey Roasted Turkey (I use Boar's Head but any brand will do)
2 slices Swiss Cheese (Boar's Head again)
2 slices Jewish Rye (seeded or seedless)
1/2 cup Fresh Sauerkraut
2 tablespoons Thousand Island Dressing (I use Marie's brand but any type will do)
- Begin by mixing the dressing and sauerkraut in a small bowl until well blended, set aside.
- Spread Butter and Mayonnaise on first slice of Rye Bread and set, butter side down, on cold griddle pan. Turn the stove on to medium heat and allow bread slice to sit on griddle, as griddle warms up. While your griddle is warming, place the following items on the bread in this order, Swiss cheese, sliced turkey, coleslaw-dressing mix and second slice of bread with the buttered and mayo'd side up.
- About this time the Sammie will be ready to flip, go ahead and flip sides (don't worry about any sauerkraut that falls into the pan, it will just pop around while hot).
- Keep checking the bottom slice of bread to prevent burning and continue flipping Sammie as needed (but don't over flip).
- When the Sammie is done, browned on both sides and the cheese is melted and gooey, give it a nice press with your spatula and turn off the heat, but don't remove it from the burner. Slice your Sammie in half and then remove it to a plate...now don't forget to move your pan away from the heat once your Sammie is gone :)
- Serve with chips or sweet potato fries and a nice half sour pickle and Enjoy!