Thursday, March 2, 2017

My February WIPocalypse Check-In...

Good Thursday evening, dear friend!

It's time for the February 2017 WIPocalypse post and I''m happy with this month's progress...I am excited to share it with you.

But first, to answer this month's question...

What is your favorite stitch other than the standard cross stitch?

Well, that's an easy one, and it may surprise to know that I adore making French Knots...like I love, love, love them! I didn't always like them and even avoided them for many years, replacing a charted French Knot with beads or ignoring them all together. I know just the words "French Knot" can send many running to a dark room to rest a spell, and I used to feel the same way and would do anything to avoid a French knot when charted. I have Mill Hill beads of every color, purchased as a decoy to avoid a French knot.

However, that is the old "me" as I now have a tried and true, easy and fool proof method to creating the perfect French knot, every single time.

I must warn you, dear friend, that it took some practice and did not come to me over night, but it didn't take long to get the hang of and once I did, I can now French knot my way through any chart!

I have a Page Tab link above that shows my method, or you can go right to the Page by clicking Here.

Now that we have that bit of fun finished, It's time to get down to business with a few finishes, and a couple of starts...

First...My finishes

Jardin Prive "Quaker Village"



I really enjoyed this WIP from start to finish, however it did give me some fits and even invited the FROG in on more than one occasion...

Becky Boo's "Welcome"


This is a WIP, that I bought 60% off when my LNS went out of business a couple of years ago. It came as a kit with a prim looking plate to mount it on, which is next on my "To Do" list. I really enjoyed this stitch!

Lizzie Kate "June's Flip It"















I was only able to get one Dough Bowl Small finished, which I obviously didn't spend my 10 hours stitching...I was just too excited to start my Carolyn Manning SAL piece so "June" got pushed to the side...I am hanging my head in shame (sorry/not sorry).

Next...A couple of starts

Since I finished two WIPS, it was time to rotate two more into my Rotation...

La D Da "Bless Our Home"


This new start is a true labor of love, as I am stitching it for Big Brother and Daughter In Love, who bought their first home in May...I am a little slow and behind as it took me a bit of time to pick the right fabric to go with their decor, but as long as I get it stitched, finished, and framed before they've been there one year, then I will be satisfied with myself.
I am stitching this on Silver Moon 16ct Aida using the charted floss, though why it looks beige in the photo is beyond me...

Carolyn Manning "Granny Is No Square" SAL


This was a SAL that I had been looking forward to, as soon as Carolyn announced it, so it was just a matter of when. I love this chart, and have really enjoyed this start. If you are interested in checking it out, or even want to join...go to Carolyn Manning Designs or visit her Facebook Page...the more the merrier! The chart is being published in PDF installments and calls for DMC floss.

I am continuing on with the 10 Hour Rotation, with perhaps a wee wiggle here and a tiny tug there as my flights of fancy rear their ugly heads and I get distracted by the sweeties that are waiting their turn in the WIP bin...I'll keep you posted.

So, there you have it WIPocalypse buddies...

Thanks for stopping by for a visit!

Hugs

8 comments:

  1. Congratulations on finishing Quaker Village! Bless Our Home is going to be so lovely. Wow! I am really loving Granny Is No Square!!!♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your Quaker village is so beautiful! Congrats on finishing it! And what a sweet little June ornament. That makes one more than you had before ;) I am really looking forward to seeing your Welcome house FFOd. Bless Our Home is so nice! I am going to search it up right now so I can see what the rest of the blessing is. And Granny Is No Square (hehe) looks like such a fun stitch, can't wait to see more of it :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My mistake, I figured the blessing would be as long as the tree is. It is a beautiful piece, might have to add it to the wish list :)

      Delete
  3. Congratulations on your Quaker Village finish! I really like the piece you are stitching for your son and DIL. Thank you for sharing the link for your SAL piece.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on your Quaker Village finish, it's absolutely beautiful. I love the LK small as well.
    That's how I do my French knots too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. stitching is wonderful as usual! the french knot tutorial is awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Quaker Village is a wonderful finish. Great job. And the two smalls that you finished are beautiful as well. Of course, you deserved some new starts :))

    ReplyDelete

I adore kind comments, and though I may not always reply please know that I read and enjoy them all!