Tuesday, January 31, 2017

We Interrupt This Stitching Blog...

With a wee episode of "What's On My Mind."

I have been pondering an idea for the past few days, with all that has been going on in the news, what must friends from around the world think of "USA" bloggers. And with this in mind, I felt that I wanted to make myself clear.

You may or may not have noticed the "Welcome" on my left side bar, along with the photo of the safety pin heart beads...if you haven't please take a peek, because I am about to explain the meaning behind my choice of "Welcoming."

I welcome EVERYONE to my blog, except bullies...especially anonymous bullies.

This is a safe blog to visit, as we speak friendship and stitching here, there is no political agenda, as I find myself daily shocked by most of what I read and need the escape of the stitching blog world to find reassurance and comfort in the simple enjoyment that draws us all together...our love of all things floss, fabric, and needfuls that fill both our minds and our homes.

So please, know that my "Welcome" is genuine and respects all who visit to share their same love of the stitching crafts. Consider "My Stitching Nook" to be a safe place to visit and share...I adore your kind comments and usually reply the same day, as I love to receive a wee reply to mine.

I am proud to be American with all of it's rights and freedoms, one of which is the freedom to think freely and for myself, guided by what is right by my conscience and in my heart. These are interesting days that at times bring me feelings of embarrassment, and without sounding too cliche, I feel that they require this stitcher to focus on love and bridges rather than hate and walls.

Thanks for stopping by for a visit, and for allowing me this wee interruption.

Hugs

21 comments:

  1. What a lovely welcome, but how sad that the world is in such a mess that you felt you had to explain.

    My own stitching hobby, and cross stitch blogs are my sanctuary. I've made some lovely friends from all over the world, probably of all colours and creeds but what matters is our love of stitching.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Justine...and beautiful comment, well said.
      Hugs

      Delete
  2. I totally agree with it all ... our blogs are for us to escape from the hum drum of life with all its inconsistancees of politics etc etc etc , a show case for our hobby that we wish to show our work proudly to like minded folks who understand our passion , to be able to drool, ooo and ahhh over the lovely work that we all produce and to be friends united by our hobby :) coooo that was almost a books worth...lol love mouse xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. A lovely post Karyn, I love looking at other stitchy blogs I can get lost for hours x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm with you--very well said especially about the bullies

    ReplyDelete
  5. I go along with the others. :)
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  6. This was beautifully stated. I absolutely agree with you that our stitching blogs remain 'happy' places.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I agree, Karyn. Needlework gives me such a sense of calm and accomplishment and acts as a counterbalance to everything else that is going on. It's interesting how you can go into a craft or fabric store and strike up a pleasant conversation with a total stranger, not knowing anything else about them except their love of handwork. Wouldn't it be fun to see all of our politicians from the top down with balls of yarn and knitting needles or crochet hooks in their hands, or having a quilting bee, or surprising each other with little handmade gifts? Now that's some news I could enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I too totally agree with it all ... our blogs are for us to escape from the craziness of life with all its inconsistencies of politics etc , It's a show case for our hobby that we wish to show our work proudly to like minded folks who understand our passion. I also welcome all to visit my blog. It's all about our hobby and this is our happy place. Happy Stitching!
    http://christiescrossstitchcreations.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Amen! I've actually thought about giving up my blog because of some of the postings I have been reading lately. What happened to our carefree stitching blogs?

    ReplyDelete
  10. I agree with your sentiments! Instead of Calgon to take me away, I use stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That was a lovely post and I think peoples opinions have only changed about one person not the whole USA. Or I hope that is how it is. If only all the bullies of the world could see how much more fun it is to be nice to people!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I can't even get on facebook anymore - which is a real time saver!

    ReplyDelete

I adore kind comments, and though I may not always reply please know that I read and enjoy them all!