Monday, January 23, 2017

Rotation Progress And Some Wee Finishes...

Good Monday Morning, dear friend, from a wet and soggy So Cal!

I spent the very stormy weekend indoors, deep into the stitchy stash and such, and I have some finishes and progress to show and share...

First Up...

I finished stitching my "May" Dough Bowl Smalls, though they still need to be finished into their tiny little pillow selves...

Lizzie Kate "May Flip It"
SamSarah "Play Time"
SamSarah "May Flowers"
SamSarah "Patti's Garden"
SamSarah "Splish Splash"
Cross-Stitch & Needlework Magazine
"Spring" Motifs
March 2014
Cross-Stitch & Needlework Magazine
"Spring" Motifs
March 2014
At the top my "To Do" list for next weekend...and highlighted in bright yellow...is "FINISH THE WEE ONES," which simply requires sitting down at my Brother and stitching up all of the sad and neglected wee Dough Bowl finishes that have been stitched and then set aside, for no other reason than I am one huge "fritterer" who can find a thousand things to do other than the "Must Do's."

I also made some progress on "Quaker Village"


I have almost caught up to the SAL gals, with only one more motif on the border, which happens to be a snail...very fitting and "Ironic" don't ya think?

About now, you may be wondering about my Rotation, am I right? Well, I might have taken a step off the Rotation Train and worked the SAL in for a catch-up, but hey "My Rotation, My Choice." I am planning to catch up today, and then it will be back to our regularly scheduled Rotation...with a few tweaks.

On Another Note...

As it was way too stormy to go out and play, I decided this was a good time to re-organize my HD Floss. I have used Vonna's system for organizing HD Floss for many years, in fact I may have been one of the first bloggers to adapt her system...but, I digress...and so with that in mind, I could never think of any other way to store floss.


Notice anything newish?

Why yes, those little floss babies are nestled all cozy inside a real filing cabinet!


I recently bought a bigger and more sturdy filing cabinet for all of my household files, and that left this one empty and lonely in the corner (boy do I know how THAT feels from many years of grammar school scoldings), and one day a light bulb went on and "BAM!" it hit me that this would be a perfect alternative to the previous home of my HD Floss...plastic bins stacked precariously against the wall...and viola!


All neat and tidy with my WIPocalypse 2017 bin sitting on top.

I feel so organized and lucky to have everything right at my finger tips...a real time and money saver since it is now in a corner of my bedroom and easy enough reach to keep me on track to Stitch From Stash for the entire year!  Wahoo!

If you don't know Vonna (c'mon, everyone knows her, she's like a total rock star) I urge you to visit her blog "The Twisted Stitcher" and get to know her...she is one of the good ones! I also realized that most of my stitching ideas and tricks have come straight from Miss Vonna, her very self!
Thanks Vonna!

Well, that's all for today!
My calendar says that it was IHSW this past weekend, but I don't see any other posts so I may be wrong...again!

Thanks for stopping by!
Hugs

10 comments:

  1. Good for you on stitching weekend in the dreary weather! Your May smalls are darling and I recognize a good many of them as I have stitched a number of them. Great use for your file cabinet. Your Jardin Prive piece is looking good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent use of a filing box!! The stitches are adorable!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love all those smalls. Did you hear? Vonna will be a guest on a cross stitch podcast! She does have great ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What sweet finishes. Play Time is soooooooooo cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love all of the sweet little finishes and your WIP is very pretty. I'm also in the process of organizing floss. Anything to get more organized!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh yes I know Vonna! what a sweetie and talented lady. Love your little works and the Quaker one is coming along nicely as well.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your little May finishes are all so sweet! Can't wait to see them all finished next weekend ;) haha! You are making such great progress on Quaker Village, good for you for getting caught up! And Vonna is so wonderful! I love that way of organizing hd floss. Some day when I have enough I will be organizing mine like that.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love all your sweet little finishes!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your smalls collection for May, you're well ahead of the game stitching them now! Quaker Village is beautiful. I've never really been drawn to stitch a Quaker but this one I really like.
    I love Vonna's tutorials, she is so generous seeing as she has a finishing service!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I totally agree, Vonna is one awesome lady and she shares so many wonderful ideas. I love all the pillows. Now I look forward to seeing how you plan to finish them. That's my stalling point. Just love the Quaker Village, I just might have to put it on my to do list!

    ReplyDelete

I adore kind comments, and though I may not always reply please know that I read and enjoy them all!