Sunday, January 1, 2017

My First WIPocalypse Post

Good Sunday afternoon, dear friend!

I hope that the first day of the New Year was just perfect for setting the tone of your year ahead...

Today is the first check in for the 2017 WIPocalypse, and I'm very excited to be jumping in...with both feet, I might add!

I will begin with the Question of the Month – Introduce yourself, your projects, and any goals you have for the year!

For those who are new to my blog, "Hello!" and "Welcome!" My name is Karyn and I have been stitching for 47 years...gosh that sounds old! I enjoy all forms of needlework, but spend my time on Cross Stitch and Needlepoint, though Cross Stitch is my favorite. I have also decided to finally join my Mom and Sister and begin quilting...but again, my main passion is Cross Stitch.

My WIPocalypse Projects List for 2017 is as follows...in no particular order:
  • AAN "Spring Moon"
  • Becky Boo's "Welcome"
  • Bothy Threads "Love Heart"
  • Bothy Threads "Love Tree"
  • Dough Bowl Smalls: January, May, June, August
  • Jardin Prive "Quaker Village"
  • Just Nan "Ornamental Advent"
  • La D Da "Bless Our Home"
  • Laura J. Perin "Grandmother's Garden"
  • Lizzie Kate "Prayer of Saint Francis"
  • Shepherd's Bush "Jillian's Stocking"
  • Shepherd's Bush "Reed's Stocking"
  • Stickideen von der Weißenburg "Flower Quaker
I have chosen a total of 13 WIPs for my WIPocalypse, which feels very doable...finger's crossed.
I am going to actively stitch on 5 WIPs at a time, using the 10 Hour Focus Rotation, just one of many that can be found on Liz's Blog on StitchyBox.

I also have an "On Deck" (Yes, I did just use a baseball term for my stitching) list of Kitted-Up and ready to stitch Starts...I will chose which one to start next based on a Screaming Rotation.

My Current 5 WIPS are:
  1. Focus WIP: Dough Bowl Smalls "May"
  2. Jardin Prive "Quaker Village"
  3. Shepherd's Bush "Reed's Stocking
  4. Becky Boo's "Welcome"
  5. Bothy Threads "Love Tree"
I am starting the day with Jardin Prive "Quaker Village" since it's a SAL and I don't want to fall behind, and will continue until my 10 hours are up. I am going to follow the numbered order and work my way through, but will continue using my dough bowl smalls as my focus WIP so that I can keep up with the Smalls SAL check in dates.

My goals for the Year are to finish more than one WIP, which is all that I accomplished in 2016, and to stay organized so that I don't double buy without knowing what is actually in my stash. To this end, I have kitted up all WIPs that are not in my current WIP list, with both fabric and floss, and they are ready to be pulled out and put on Q-Snaps when their turn comes up. 

I am looking forward to meeting those of you that I don't know, and stitching with those who I do know...and having fun with this great group of stitchers...Good luck to everyone!

A very big "Thank You" goes out to Melissa for hosting this awesome SAL, once again.

That's it for today!
Thanks for stopping by for a visit and a bit of a chat about WIPs.

Hugs

11 comments:

  1. Sounds like you have a great plan. Welcome to quilting--it's awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds to me like your plan is very doable. I am a one project at a time stitcher so If I stop one, it is because I really didn't like it. No WIPocalypse for me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very ambitious, but I'm sure you can accomplish your goals!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very ambitious, but I'm sure you can accomplish your goals!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like you have a great plan to get some stuff accomplished. I've dipped into quilting too, while I love it I just don't have the room for my king size quilts. Can't wait for updates.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well, I found you via the Spinster Stitcher and can I say two things first.......2 blog posts in one day, blimey as we say in my country and have NO idea what that baseball term means or even that it was baseball, lol. Today is our 29 year anniversary in the US and it's obvious I've learnt NOTHING!

    Will have to reread the ten hour rotation tomorrow as not quite grasped it yet....it's 10:30 pm in snowy Michigan!

    Looking forward to following your progress, Karyn!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You have a great plan in place and I wish you much success with it, Karyn!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am just over here cheering you on!! Hope we get to see some of your quilting too :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm looking forward to seeing your progress on your WIPs.

    ReplyDelete
  10. That Ten Hour Tapered rotation sounds very interesting, it's the first time that I hear about it. I wish you luck with your rotation and with your WIP list.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sounds like a good plan! Have fun!

    ReplyDelete

I adore kind comments, and though I may not always reply please know that I read and enjoy them all!