Friday, December 30, 2016

Dough Bowl Smalls...

Good Friday morning, dear friend!

It's cold and raining in So Cal today, so whoever said it never rains in California, this girl is not only warning ya...it's a soaker!

As we begin to say "Toodaloo" to 2016, I want to take a moment to thank all of the dear friends who keep me in Blogland...if it weren't for both your beautiful blogs and your blessed friendships, I would have grown weary of blogging, long ago. So, as we raise a toast to Baby New Year, I do so with a grateful heart...to 2017...it has to be better than 2016, am I right?

Anyhoo...

I have received a bunch of inquiries as to my Dough Bowl Smalls, so I thought I would share pics  of what exactly they are...Small monthly cross stitched pillows that I keep in an old timey dough bowl...

February Dough Bowl Smalls
July Dough Bowl Smalls
July Close Up
Backs of July

My goal is to have enough of each month to fill the bowl...I think I can!

The designers are varied, but mostly "Heart in Hand," "SamSara," and "Lizzie Kate," and I also have a lot of designer freebies mixed in. I stitched from stash and used remnants of both fabric and floss from prior WIPs...I think that's part of the fun. I'm going to keep adding to these months as I find time, as well as finish the months that are missing...Stay posted!

I couldn't find a pic of March, October and November, and I have already put them away...but they are more of the same, and you get the idea.

Thanks for stopping by for a visit!

Hugs

9 comments:

  1. Happy New Year friend and 2017 will be a better year (I hope) for all of us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing your dough bowl pictures! And thank you for your last email. Happy New Year wishes to you and yours!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Karyn,

    Love them!

    Happy New Year!

    Syd

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy New Year Karyn! I am hoping and praying for a better year!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks so much for sharing your bowl of smalls. They are really wonderful! Good luck with the completion of them.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy New Year! Your smalls are all so pretty - what a great idea to display them like this.
    I hope 2017 is a better year for all of us - can't say I'm sorry to see the back of 2016!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your smalls--they are all so cute! Sorry about the rain--it's funny by my son and his fiancee are visiting from San Diego and have missed those rare rainy days. We have treated them to some of our snow here in western PA, though :)

    Wishing you all the best in 2017!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I absolutely love your dough bowl smalls!! I need to find my own dough bowl. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love all the smalls displayed in the dough bowl - awesome!
    Here's to 2017 being a much better year than the last one. :)

    ReplyDelete

I adore kind comments, and though I may not always reply please know that I read and enjoy them all!