Wednesday, August 3, 2016

Quaker Village SAL Update #1

Good Wednesday morning, dear friend!

It is now official, the Quaker Village SAL, hosted by lovely Noelle of  Le Chas de L'aiguille (The Eye of the Needle) has begun!

We began stitching, as of Saturday July 30th, and made our first stitch in the upper left corner...I love the fact that we all started together and in the same spot so that we are all following the design in unison, and I believe the plan is to stitch one page of the charted design each "step," however since most (if not all) of the girls speak French, I am relying on Google Translate and what I remember of my high school French to follow the instructions...so I may be wrong...but I'm having a blast and making new friends...brilliant!

I usually begin my WIPs in the middle...even after all of these decades of needlework, I still follow that rule...so this took me a bit out of my comfort zone, but just to make myself feel more comfortable and since I buy my Monaco by the yard, I cut myself a piece of fabric larger than I needed to make up for any margin booboos.

Anyway, I digress...We are stitching "Quaker Village" by Jardin Prive.



What a fun stitch this is...


I chose to stitch on White Monaco, using the charted DMC floss

I love Nathalie's designs, and have stitched quite a few...two of which "My Lady's Quaker" and "A Gentleman's Quaker" have been sitting in my closet unframed, so my goal is to frame all three and hang them together, when this one is finished.

Our next check in is August 14th...watch for updates.

Thanks for stopping by for a visit!

13 comments:

  1. Great new start. I love Quaker designs, each motif is like a mini-finish!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jo!
      I agree, and love for the same reason as you...and I often forget about them when I am looking for a new chart to begin.
      Hugs

      Delete
  2. It is very lovely! I really like anprefer starting in the corners better than the middle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Michelle <3
      It seems to be working out fine, so far, we will see when I get towards the center :-) This may actually be the start of something new...it feels much more organized this way, I must admit.
      Hugs

      Delete
  3. You are off to a great start. I used to start in the middle, but now start in the upper left hand corner for most projects now. Are you stitching this over one or two? I look forward to seeing your next check-in.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Robin!
      I was just replying to Michelle, that so far so good and if this works out as I progress, it may be the way I start from now on...it feels much more tidy and organized.
      I am stitching over 2 :-)
      Check back and thanks for stopping by <3
      Hugs

      Delete
  4. Great start!! I love how yours looks in real life compared to the chart photo. The colors are lovely!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Khristine! You make me feel so good <3 I am loving the colors...she always charts the best color schemes.
      Hugs

      Delete
  5. Karyn, this is so very pretty - I cannot wait to see it progress.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have been trying to purchase the PDF pattern but as new to doing this,I had A hic up. I will try again and hope can stitch this too as I love Quaker patterns. I`m in a SAL for a Family Quaker Sampler. :) Happy Stitching.

    ReplyDelete

I adore kind comments, and though I may not always reply please know that I read and enjoy them all!