Saturday, January 3, 2015

Stockings For Everyone...

Hello, dear friend, and welcome to the third day of 2015...Can you believe it?

I want to share with you my ongoing BAP (Big A** Project), which I began on January 1, 2014. It all started when Christmas 2013 approached, the year that Big Brother got married, and the question arose in my mind as to who should be the owner of his Christmas Stocking which had been with him since birth, thanks to an aunt who needlepointed one for him and one for Little Brother, upon each of their births. I polled friends and family and worried over how to part with such an important part of our family Christmas, not to mention such a treasured heirloom. After much thought I decided that I just couldn't part with their stockings, as they had been hanging upon every mantle in every home that we have lived in and were as much a part of watching these two miracles grow up as my own sweet memories.

And with that in mind, I decided that I would stitch each Brother his own new stocking to begin their own set of memory making in their own homes, and what better designer to go for the long haul, than Shepherd's Bush. Of course, you know that I couldn't stop there,  because if I was going to make a Christmas Stocking for the Brothers, then I should make one for each member of the immediate family...and every member who enters our family in the future.

I finished two stockings in 2014, one for Big Brother...

Shepherd's Bush "Harry's Stocking"

Shepherd's Bush "Harry's Stocking"
And, one for Daughter In Love...

Shepherd's Bush "Sheree's Stocking"

Shepherd's Bush "Sheree's Stocking"
They were both a really fun stitch, and took very little time to finish...I use the term "finish" loosely as they were not finished in any way, shape, or form until I sent them off to North Carolina where our very talented and dear friend Faye( Carolina Stitcher) turned them into the most amazing family heirlooms...

Big Brother's stocking back...

Two sweet stockings ready to be hung...

Daughter In Love's stocking back... 
My pics don't nearly do them justice!

Faye not only coordinated every detail so that they look perfect hanging side by side, but she attached two tiny hearts that I sent her inside where only the kiddos will see them, that say "Made with love."

I filled them up with Christmas stocking stuffers and mailed them off to the cold Northeast, and as expected the young dears adored them and hung them up by the chimney with care...happy me!

I am now working on Little Brother's stocking...

Shepherd's Bush "Robert's Stocking"

Shepherd's Bush "Robert's Stocking"
I changed this chart just a bit, so to make it a bit more manly...one of the biggest changes being the above sheep, which were charted in some very soft pastel patterns, and I chose to stitch them in "Whisper" Floss.

This may very well be my first finish of 2015, as I am very close to the end...just a small design at the bottom, then attaching the charms and, of course, the back stitching....and off it will go to Faye's for finishing.

Next in my rotation will be MeMa's stocking, and so on, which I will share with you as I stitch each one.

I hung the Brother's old stockings up like I have every year since their very first Christmas, and will lovingly do so for every one after...where I go, they go...

Thanks for stopping by, I hope that you have enjoyed this wee catch up on my Shepherd's Bush stocking BAP as much as I have...

Keep On Stitching...

13 comments:

  1. They are SOOO pretty!! I would begin stitching a little stocking so that when that announcement comes - whether it is in 2015 or later - you are ready for that Christmas. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the stockings. The finishing looks great. I have one made for each of the girls as well and also an ornament for each Christmas that they can take with them when they grow up. I don't know if I'm brave enough to stitch another stocking after my "never ending" Gold Collection one I made for my husband. I tend to needlepoint them. So much faster!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love these stockings and what wonderful finishes ~ lovely keepsakes for the family.
    I have 2 of these charts sitting in my stash box ~ this might be the inspiration I need for them to leave the box!!! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the stockings--wonderful choices for them!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow!! That is quite an undertaking!! They are gorgeous!! Beautiful stitching! And Faye did a beautiful job on finishing!! (As always!) can't wait to see more progress on these!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome! This is a fantastic thing you have done for your family. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a lovely story behind all the stockings. All the recipients are, or will be, very lucky!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The stockings are beautiful.
    Happy New Year !

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your SB stockings, I've done 9 of them myself for nieces, nephews, grandchildren. I also add something special to them (well all but 3 anyways). I'm sure your family will love their new stockings.

    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are adorable. Love the charms. ;)

    ReplyDelete

I adore kind comments, and though I may not always reply please know that I read and enjoy them all!