Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Day Trip...

Good Tuesday afternoon, dear friend!

Happy first day of April and a Rabbit Rabbit to you…don't fall for any fools!

Yesterday, we packed up a friends car, and headed off for a day trip to one of the area's best kept secrets…Descanso Gardens. I have always adored visiting Descanso, but hadn't been there since the brothers were wee tots…so imagine how tickled pink I was to discover that it hadn't change a bit!

The day was clear and not too hot, so we were able to walk for quite a while…

We passed the Koi in the Lily Pond...





We headed up the hill to the Art Gallery, and spent some time exploring the Living Wall…


The Cherry Blossoms were in full bloom…


And, of course, we couldn't leave without walking through the Rose Garden…


We had such a glorious day!

Once I was home and settled in for the afternoon, I found myself hankering' for an iced coffee…and so that's what I set out to do…

I began by cold brewing my coffee…


I mixed 1/2 cup of strong espresso coffee with 2 quarts of cold water, stirring it well…


 And allow the "sludge" to sit on the counter over night…



In the morning, I poured the "sludge" into a bowl, using cheese cloth to filter out the "silt"


I actually filter it twice, just to make sure the grounds are completely removed...


Once it is properly filtered, I return the glorious brew to a fresh pitcher and put it into the fridge to get nice and chilled...


Liquid Gold…


When I just can't stand to wait any longer…I fill my glass (sorry, kids,  Ma don't do Mason Jars) with lots of ice, a dash of milk, and a nice dollop of Sweetened Condensed Milk...


And stir it real good…and you know the rest…Enjoy!

I realize this idea may sound awful close to that Pioneer gal's own idea, but tis true that this is just a very generic recipe for iced coffee…sorry cowgirl, hope ya don't get the blues…kisses!

As always, dear friend, thanks for stopping by for a visit, but I hear my iced glass of heaven calling me…and I must run.

Hugs
Ma Teakettle

8 comments:

  1. What a pretty garden. I love the idea of the iced coffee.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello rabbit rabbit :)
    Pretty garden and I loved iced coffee
    Hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not a coffee drinker but I can see where those who do drink coffee would love this : ) Beautiful photos! You are almost making me want to move to California : )

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great trip, the gardens look beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful flowers blooming! I sure could use a cup of that ice coffee about now :) Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh yummy! If I were not on this stinking counting calories deal...I'd so drink a whole pot of this ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks like a wonderful trip - thanks for taking us along! :) Liquid Gold indeed! Yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just love all of your photos of your trip...wow...

    I found your Blog and I am now a follower of your Blog...I too have a Blog and here is the link:

    http://lindaksstitchingcorner.blogspot.com

    I would like for you to become a Follower of my Blog as well...

    Happy Easter
    Linda K, Railroad

    ReplyDelete

I adore kind comments, and though I may not always reply please know that I read and enjoy them all!