Friday, February 7, 2014

A Bit Of This, A Bit Of That, And A Wee Tad Of The Other...

Good Friday morning, dear friend!

I have been a busy little stitching bee, this past week, with some real progress to share…

First up, for your enjoyment…

Just Nan "Ornamental Advent" Day 3 and 4...




I just adore them! I have given a lot of thought to how I want to finish these off, to allow for the letters to spell out their intended message of WE WISH YOU A MERRY CHRISTMAS, and I think I may use the SamSarah die cut tags from the "Perpetual Calendar" Designs…hmmm…I'll keep you posted.

Next, we move on to "California" by MM Waldock…



I'm nearly finished with the blue background letters, and can't wait to start stitching the iconic California landmarks. If you look at the "L" and "I" above you can see the beginnings of the Golden Gate Bridge…
This will be the last one in my series, as I now have all of the states in which we have resided…Texas, Connecticut, Vermont, and California. Next, I need to decide how to finish them.

And last, but certainly not least…

With My Needle "Family Ties"

I have started the lettering…


After the lettering is complete, all I have left is to finish the border…and then off it goes to the finisher, and on to Mom's wall.

And finally…

We have an update on the BAP dilemma…As you may remember, dear friend, I was experiencing a lot of anxiety over my choice of design "Houses of Hawk Run Hollow," for the BAP that I am doing with Parlsey…I just couldn't get the mojo going for either the chart or the linen…but alas, the problem is solved. I have decided to put aside the HOHRH chart, linen, and even the (gulp) NPI floss, for now, and have chosen a new chart…Rosewood Manor's "Quaker Diamonds." I have the chart and the floss already in my stash, and have ordered the fabric, which I am currently waiting for, as it somehow made a wrong turn on it's way to me, and is now lost somewhere on the East Coast. I'll keep you posted...

And in other news...

Finally, we have some rain! It seems that each day brings a plea for water rationing, and brings back so many memories of growing up in So Cal…some things never change…Pray For Rain! I must admit that the LA Basin is dryer than I have ever seen it, and the need for water has only gotten worse in the 17 years that I have been away, but I am still marveling at the beauty that surrounds me…





And I hope that I never take it all for granted.

I have one last item to share with you…

Mom and I came upon this, while enjoying our after walk coffee...


Now, I ask you, dear friend, what do you make of this "item" on top of the car? Is it a large chocolate donut hole? A large See's butter cream? Or something less savory? I'll let you decide…

As always, dear friend, thanks for stopping by…I hear the teakettle whistling and bid you farewell.

Hugs

46 comments:

  1. Oh lets think of it as a large See's piece of candy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous progress on your WIPs! I am happy you came up with a good solution to your BAP problem. Looking forward to seeing Quaker Diamonds come alive with your needle and thread.

    Robin in Virginia

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super wips there ma, and as usual the tea was lovely. I have not long finished Quaker Diamonds it took me an age over one but I love it now its framed and done. Enjoy yours.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad to hear you solved your BAP project problem! You stitching is beautiful and I am especially looking forward to seeing progress on the Ornamental Advent. I have never seen these before and am off to see if they are still available!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your Just Nan's are very cute! (It is too flat on the bottom to be a donut hole, so... I guess the chocolate candy wins! Don't even want to think of the other possibilities!)

    ReplyDelete
  6. ooOoo! It looks like a big chocolate truffle to me! Love!!!
    Quaker Diamonds is awesome. Good choice!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Heehee....it's a ferrero rocher ...but not a bite sized one!!! Love the flower pics, makes me wish Spring would hurry up and arrive in NY. Great stitching...you have been a busy bee! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the ornaments and California looks great. It does look like a giant ferrero rocher, lets hope that's what it is.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely stitching projects going on there...really pretty. Hmmmmm a coconut and chocolate covered marshmallow. Yup: I like that idea lol

    ReplyDelete
  10. very pretty ma. hmm, that looks like chocolate candy, you didnt touch it? lol

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful projects I look forwars to seeing the finish, your flower pictures are beautiful, as I sit here in 8 degree weather, the weatherman says it will warm up next week, ya right.

    Chocolate yum.

    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  12. I see a piece of candy too ... lol! Congratulations on picking your BAP : ) Lovely finishes & WIPs, & those flowers are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I was enamored with the Birds of Paradise when I visited California. They had a bunch at the Crystal Cathedral. Coincidentally, my order is traveling from California, towards Texas since I ordered from Needle in the Haystack in San Francisco. There was a delay with the JAB order, so I'm getting everything except the buttons. So many little projects to stitch soon!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Glad you have solved the BAP dilema - I love Quaker Diamonds. Not something I would stitch as I don't really do BAPs.
    Lovely update on your other stitching.
    Pleased to hear you have some rain - you should have said earlier - we could have sent you plenty form the UK!

    ReplyDelete
  15. My first thought on that was it was my favorite See's candy--the buttercream with the sprinkles on it! Oh my! My mouth is salivating! Yum! Yum! Yum! Can't wait to see my Golden Gate Bridge come together! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great progress on your Just Nan and California pieces! Glad you got the BAP sorted out...when something isn't right, move onto something else. Rosewood Manor's Quaker diamonds is so pretty it'll be great to stitch it. Love that you have flowers! Our snowdrops have peeked but then got frost bitten :( Is See's a donut shop? Sorry, I'm Canadian and all we have is Timmy's.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great progress on the Just Nan patterns
    There are very cute

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hmm a piece of See's candy that big is pretty mouth-watering! I'm craving a maple-nut crème right now, see what you've started LOL. Good for you finding a pattern that inspires you for your BAP project....no use forcing yourself to work on something when it's just not the right project at the right time. We have to enjoy the journey not just the finish.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Many peoples want to earn money on internet without any investment but there is many online jobs which have many investments. Now you can earn without any investment with Just clicking and Earn daily upto 10 Dollars.
    Join this Best opportunity to make money online without any investment or Charges.
    HotProClicks.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. Troll Images, Prank Peoples, Funny Peoples, funny planet, funny facts, funny cartoons, funny movies pics, iphone funny, funny jokes, Prank Images, Fail Pictures, Epic Pictures, Lols and Gags, Lol Pictures, Funny Pictures, Lol is the Laugh out of Laugh where you can Fun Unlimited and Laughing Unlimited.
    LolsGag.Blogspot.Com

    ReplyDelete
  21. Troll Images, Prank Peoples, Funny Peoples, funny planet, funny facts, funny cartoons, funny movies pics, iphone funny, funny jokes, Prank Images, Fail Pictures, Epic Pictures, Lols and Gags, Lol Pictures, Funny Pictures, Lol is the Laugh out of Laugh where you can Fun Unlimited and Laughing Unlimited.
    LolsGag.Blogspot.Com

    ReplyDelete
  22. Genuines Works of Data Entry, Copy Pasting, Facebook Posting, Add Posting, Link Posting, Clicking, Web Surfing, Website Visiting, Article Sharing, Data Sharing, Google Business Plan and Much More Business Plans.
    www.onlinecornerz.ocm

    ReplyDelete
  23. Funny Facts on this Website, Every thing will be funny Troll Images, Prank Peoples, Funny Peoples, funny planet, funny facts, funny cartoons, funny movies pics, iphone funny, funny jokes, Prank Images, Fail Pictures, Epic Pictures, Lols and Gags
    LolsGag.Blogspot.Com

    ReplyDelete
  24. Lols Gag is the the Best Lol Network Ever, where you can every thing is lol and Funny, Troll Images, Prank Peoples, Funny Peoples, funny planet, funny facts, funny cartoons, funny movies pics, iphone funny, funny jokes, Prank Images, Fail Pictures, Epic Pictures, Lols and Gags, Lol Pictures, Funny Pictures, Lol is the Laugh out of Laugh where you can Fun Unlimited and Laughing Unlimited.
    lolsgag.com

    ReplyDelete
  25. for More Hot Current Affairs with Pictures and Videos...
    HotCurrentAffairs

    ReplyDelete
  26. Best Business Plans without any work, Get your investment double in 30 Days
    EarningsClub.com

    ReplyDelete
  27. Searching for some new Facebook Covers Online...??? Here is the best for Fb Covers, All type of Covers, Ramadan, Eid, Festivals, Exhibitation, Celebrities and Much More
    UniqueFbCovers.Com

    ReplyDelete
  28. Online Jobs, work from home, part time online jobs, just join any where in the world
    Fb.com/JobzCornerz
    JobzCorner.com

    ReplyDelete
  29. Top Expensive Cars, top speedy cars, top most popular cars in the world
    TopAmazingCars.BlogSpot.Com

    ReplyDelete
  30. Online Jobs of Data Entry and Copy Pasting with Jobz Corner
    JobzCorner.com

    ReplyDelete
  31. Earn Money with PayPal, Now you can earn 300% profit of your investment on every week, Join Now
    AllTimeProfit.com

    ReplyDelete
  32. Earn with Best Business Plans ever where you can make money online from home without any work, just invest with PayPal and get Double profit within a week
    AllTimeProfit.com

    ReplyDelete
  33. All Funny and Lols Gag Photos and Videos, funny facts, funny cartoons all Funny planet on lols and Gags
    LolsGag.com

    ReplyDelete
  34. Online Business as low as $1, Join Now and Get Best Business from Home without any work
    AllTimeProfit.com

    ReplyDelete
  35. Online Business with hourly profit, Just Invest and Rest
    AllTimeProfit.com

    ReplyDelete
  36. Funny and Lol Pictures only on this online network in the world, online gags
    LolsGag.com

    ReplyDelete
  37. Most Popular Latest Hot Current Affairs on this Network, News updates, hot updates, hot news
    HotCurrentAffairs.com

    ReplyDelete

I adore kind comments, and though I may not always reply please know that I read and enjoy them all!