Monday, January 20, 2014

January's WIPocalypse...


Good morning, dear friends, and thanks for stopping by!

This is my first WIPocalypse post of 2014, and I am so excited to share it with you, so without further adieu…

January's Topic: Introduce yourself, your projects, and any goals you have for the year!

I have made my list, and checked it twice, and I have a total of 5 UFO's and 7 WIPs...

UFOs:

Blue Ribbon Designs "A Little Quakeresque"
Ink Circles "99"
Prairie Schooler "A-Z"
Shepherd's Bush "Harry" Stocking
Shepherd's Bush "Sheree" Stocking

WIPs:

Carriage House Samplings "The Houses of Hawk Run" BAP
Just Nan "Ornamental Advent"
MM Waldock "California"
Vals Stitching Stuff "Little Bitty Kitty Quilts"
Victoria Sampler "Birds of a Feather"
With My Needle "Family Ties"

I have one finish to report for the year, so far…

Snowflower Diaries Seasonal Witches:


I have spent quite a bit of time going through my stitching basket, giving it the once over for a thorough  clean out and organize, which included kitting up all of my 2014 WIPs, as well as reorganizing my UFOs to make sure that I had everything I needed to pick up where I had left off…

I am all set for the year ahead, including the charted floss for almost all of my WIPs. I was surprised to find a majority of the floss that I needed in my stash, and the few that I didn't have were sent of in an order to 123stitch.com


My stitching basket now sits proudly beside the sofa…clean, fat, and happy!


I spent Saturday with my dearest cousin, and together we took a ride out to the most amazing Cross Stitch store that I have ever entered…it was beyond amazing! If you are ever in Southern California you must visit "A Thread Garden" located in Camarillo, to see for yourself not just the jaw dropping amount of supplies for all forms of needlework, but the owners Pat and Billy have made sure that each and every needful for all things stitchery are represented…including their own plethora of knowledge and sweetness…

I can't wait to see how the year progresses for everyone!

As always, dear friend, thanks for stopping by…I hear the teakettle whistling and bid you farewell.

Hugs

11 comments:

  1. Good for you on your organizing. I've been doing the same.

    Did you take any photos in that shop? I mayy have to visit it the next time I'm out that way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how neat and organized your basket is....I'll have to get mine in order now! You are so lucky to have such a wonderful shop nearby, all I have is a Joanns, which is sadly lacking when it comes to anything to do with needlework.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just love the seasonal witches, I have the charts too maybe I'll find my way to them sometime this year. Glad you have everything set up for some happy stitching.

    ReplyDelete
  4. ooo well done on every count .... gorgeous wee witches :) and fab list ... now if I could just persuade you to bob on over to the mouse house and get me organised .... love mouse xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely little witches oh so sweet.
    Love your basket, happy stitching.

    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, I am so ashamed! I am NOT organized like that!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The witches are so cute. Love your stitching basket. Look like you had all planned out for the year. I had so far planned for the first quarter of the year only.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great organization for sure! I am actually making a dent in the ornaments I kitted in September. Might need to kit some more soon : )

    ReplyDelete
  9. The witch's are so cute!! Congrats on your finish - and you have a great list if WIP's!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those witches are so cute! Here's to a stitchy year!

    ReplyDelete

I adore kind comments, and though I may not always reply please know that I read and enjoy them all!