Tuesday, January 7, 2014

A Task Master's Weekend, A Few Starts, And My First Finish Of 2014...

Good Tuesday morning, dear friend!

I spent the past weekend taking down the Christmas Tree and all of the season's best, and off it went to storage, until next year. I always love the anticipation of the holidays and with it the hustle and bustle of getting ready for the feasting, gift giving, and all around merry making, not to mention the decorating that goes along with it…but once the New Year finally arrives, I am usually quite ready to have everything back in it's place, safely tucked away.

Our home looks bare without it's festoons, but it does feel less cluttered and much more usable, and while I was at the whole task... I also took some time to give it a nice thorough dust and vac…ahhh freshness!

And, best of all Miss Teagan gets her sunny window back…


Once I finished the above task, I sat myself down on the couch and stitched the weekend away.

My first finish for 2014...

I finally finished the entire series of four "Seasonal Witches" by Maja over at The Snowflower Diaires...

Spring Witch…Summer Which….Winter Witch…Fall...

I am going to finish each one the same way as I did "Fall Witch," and each one will hang in my kitchen during it's season, to spice things up and watch over my cooking… a wee Kitchen Witch!

I made some great progress on "Family Ties" by With My Needle…


I just love the look of it, and the tree leaves were so much fun to stitch…Ellen is such a fabulous designer.

I also started my January Smalls SAL WIP…

"January"
I decided to stitch the entire year of "Little Bitty Kitty Quilts" by Val's Stuff Designs, one each month. I'm stitching these babies on 28 ct White Monaco using the charted DMC floss.

Look at that little kitty, so cute!

I also added some stitches to my Shepherd's Bush "Harry" Stocking, which is one of the long neglected UFO's that I picked back up for the 2014 WIPocalypse SAL…


Sadly, I had started this waaaay back in June for Big Brother, and was intending to also stitch "Sheree," the companion stocking for Daughter In Love...for their first Christmas…which I am embarrassed to say, has now passed. Hopefully, I will have them finished for Christmas 2014!

After a weekend of stitching, I decided Monday was a good day to really get my stitching basket cleaned up and organized, which included kitting up all of my 2014 WIPs, as well as reorganizing my UFOs to make sure that I had everything I needed to pick up where I had left off…



I am all set for the year ahead, including the charted floss for almost all of my WIPs. I was surprised to find a majority of the floss that I needed in my stash, and the few that I didn't have were sent of in an order to 123stitch.com…easy peazee!

I finished off the day with a big pot of homemade chicken noodle soup, to take the evening chill off, and a nice fresh bread…delicious!

I spent the evening with my stitching and some TV watching with Pa, until my eyes were done in…and then...off to bed I went.

As always, dear friend, thanks for stopping by…I hear the teakettle whistling and bid you farewell.

Hugs

19 comments:

  1. Your weekend sounds lovely! Your stitches are great - I feel like a slacker!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy New Year..love the finishes..very cute indeed. Some great projects going on for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow, Ma! You were a busy little beaver. It looks so clean and organized at the teakettle corner. :) You're off to a lovely start - beautiful stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on your first finish of the new year! It looks like you have a good plan laid out for the year!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a productive weekend and a great way to start of the year with beautiful stitching. Congrats on the finishes.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The perfect weekend it seems. And very productive stitching-wise. I love the little witch finishes, they are all too cute.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, great progress! Each is a pretty stitch - hard to pick a favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cute finishes & great starts! I think it's a little understandable why you didn't get those stocking done this year but you have all this year to sit back in your new digs & stitch away : ) I would have started putting Christmas away today but I am very sick with a terrible cold which I'm hoping is not going to settle in my chest as I am prone to pneumonia : ( That homemade chicken soup of yours sounds pretty good right now : )

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, you have been busy! Lots of great stitching. Those witches are so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Are you getting use to all that warm weather! Glad to see you are settling in.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I hope that the new year is off to a good start for you.

    I particularly enjoyed seeing your photos of your progress on the Family Ties sampler, and thank you very much for the kind words you wrote. Please remember to send me some photos for my blog once you get your sampler finished.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a cute finish! All your WIPs are looking great Ma.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gosh that tea was welcome Ma. Super progress and organisation there. My dog was pleased the tree is down as he now has his chair in the window. Take care and keep witching oops sorry stitching.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I am new to your blog, but am loving it, all those great projects. You are very organized, and I love your choice of stitch patterns.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great first finish of 2014! I like your idea to hang each seasonal one in the kitchen as a "kitchen witch". Very inspiring to see that you organizing your stitching basket - I need to do this!! Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  16. My Goodness Ma! You are a flurry of work and activity! Made my head spin there :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. I might try some of that cleaning tomorrow. Just finished a 50-hour work week and I am beat! I do love starting the year out with cleaning and purging. Of all kinds. You have quite a bunch of stitches to keep you busy! Love the Family Ties one...going to stitch it someday! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Lovely stitches Ma! Really love those witches. Must find my charts and stitch those. I know I have the Winter one printed as I was looking at it the other day.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Lovely post, Ma! With the cold we've been having, I sure wish I was resting in the sunny window like your Teagan!

    ReplyDelete

I adore kind comments, and though I may not always reply please know that I read and enjoy them all!