Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Another Start...

I started my next WIP, one that I selected to stitch for Mom's freshly painted den wall...




This is a design by With My Needle "Family Ties."

I am stitching this sampler on 28 ct Tea Dyed Monaco using the charted floss...NPI 202, 208, 321, 324, 328, 877 and Gloriana"Birch," "Old Gold," & "Olive Grove," and CC "Beanstalk" & "Old Crow." I am really enjoying the silk floss.

Here's a closer pic of the chimneys, stitched using the NPI...



Sooo pretty!

When finished, it will look like this...




I just love the saying...very appropriate.

Anyhoo...

Thanks for stopping by, dear friend, and I send you off with wishes for a wonderful day and perhaps a stitch or two at day's end.

Wednesday Hugs

9 comments:

  1. Oh yes that is a great, appropriate saying!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a wonderful start. I'm so glad you are getting settled and are able to blog (and stitch)! It's wonderful that you are so close to your Mom! Do you have any plans - stitching wise - for the new year. Maybe you haven't started to think about it. I really want next year to be better so I'm really struggling with this one. I'm hoping to gain some inspiration and insight from other stitchers. Hopefully I'll figure out a plan before the new year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A lovely start to a beautiful piece--I love the saying!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely piece! Have you thought about this one for the newlywed Teakettles?

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is truly so sweet..
    I love it
    Big hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ma Teakettle: What an adorable pattern I will have to look this one up.
    Thank-you for sharing.
    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful new project your stitching. Don't you just love Ellen's chart? And your stitching with silks!!! I think stitching with silk threads are a luxury and adds beautiful texture & sheen to your project. So pretty Ma!
    love Annette

    ReplyDelete

I adore kind comments, and though I may not always reply please know that I read and enjoy them all!