Monday, August 19, 2013

My August IHSW...

Good Monday morning, dear friend!


I am so proud of myself for not just remembering that it was, indeed, the third weekend of the month...which means it was the August IHSW!

I actually got some real stitching in, and even achieved another finish...




Isn't she just too cute?

This is another Snowflower Diaries design, "Summer Witch."

I stitched this cutie on the same 16ct Antique White Aida, as her friend "Autumn Witch," using Nina's Hand Dyed Floss in Mossy Brick, Valentine, Butter Squash, Vanilla, Peony, Malawi, Moss, and Ginger, as well as DMC 819.

I made one teensy weensy "boo boo," and reversed the blues in her dress and sash, but I actually like how it turned out so I just left it.

I was blessed with a visit from The Newlyweds for Sunday Dinner...what a treat! We broke bread and enjoyed a huge bowl of Ma's Chicken Cesar Salad, hot crusty bread with a smattering of butter, and Key Lime Pie for dessert...not to mention a wonderful round of colorful conversation (not colorful in a "Salty Manner" mind you). I could just listen to these two amazing kids tell their tales for hours...and I did, enjoying every single minute of it. There was much laughter 'round the table.

All too soon it was time for them to head to home, and as I bid them farewell, I noticed that the creepy spider who has taken up resident on my front porch, was once again back within his web and settling to sleep...



He's a big fella!

He has been sleeping here, each night for about a week now. I don't have the heart to knock him down or (gulp) kill him, because this species is non-threatening to humans and rids the area of mosquitoes...not to mention that he is, after all, a living thing...besides, I get a huge kick out of watching this fellow leave each morning, after tidying up the area with a total removal of his web.

I actually enjoy my coffee while watching him pack up his web and head off upon his day, not to be seen again until he returns at dusk to begin the ardent task of re-spinning his gorgeous web, where he enjoys a bit of a munch and a night's rest...only to repeat the same ritual again and again...with each new day.


Thanks for stopping by for an IHSW report and a wee chat, and I send you off upon the beginning of a new week with hopes that at day's end you may find comfort in your own place to call home, and perhaps a stitch or two waiting there for you.

Hugs

20 comments:

  1. Hi, Karyn !!!!!What an adorable little witch !!!
    I like your blog very much !!!!!!
    Niki
    nikiad.blogspot.gr

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Niki...heading over to your blog :)
      Hugs

      Delete
  2. Now you've gone and done it...you made me wanna stitch a witch!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Giggle...but the real question is...:which witch to stitch?" winks!
      Hugs

      Delete
  3. How wonderful to all share a meal and good times. I wonder why that spider takes it's web down EVERY day?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it odd? He's so funny and tidy I just can't stop watching him...I wonder that myself, all that work.
      Hugs

      Delete
  4. Sounds like a lovely meal with family (:
    Love your witch she's very cute!
    Hope you have a good week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I freak out at the sight of the smallest spider but must admit I found interest in reading your tales of this one! That is really cool! The meal with the newlyweds was definitely perfect. Sending good moving thoughts your way : )

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your new piece is so cute. She's a pretty little thing and how much of a witch can she be with a big ole' flower in her hand? Very sweet and great stitching.

    Aren't those spiders amazing? I've watched them for years spinning their webs and tearing them down.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your stitch witch is adorable! And that spider ~ well, can he call his cousins down here at my house and tell them his tidy secrets? So glad you had a good visit with the newlyweds ~ the dinner sounds like it was positively yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your sweet little witch. Very cute!
    The visit with the newlyweds sounds wonderful. Lots of happiness.
    The spider pic gives me heebeegeebees. I have never seen one that rebuilds it's web every day but then any spider around here probably didn't live to accomplish this. *sorry*

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your little witch and the spider story is fascinating.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oof, cool pic of the spider but can't say he's cute like the little witch! Love the Snowflower Diaries freebies. They are very quick to stitch up. Good to hear the newlyweds are enjoying marital bliss!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Aww I love your little witch..so cute...
    Sweetie spider story
    Hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  12. OH my, such a cute little witch, just as cute as the autumn witch in your last post. I definitely feel the urge to stitch these little cuties too. Thanks for giving the link to these pretty freebies.

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a sweet little witch -- congrats on the finish. I usually get a spider on my porch but haven't gotten one this year :( Spider webs are so cool.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Cute witchie!
    Only good spider is a dead one... Especially when one is allergic.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Never knew that about spiders. However, some just cannot be allowed to live--take for instance the Black Widow spider that my daughter found in the granddaughter's 'garden' on their back deck! It was pretty BIG too! Ick! I might post about it when I do my next one... stay tuned! Glad you had time with the newlyweds... sounds like a nice time!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Cute finish, congrats.
    Thanks for sharing the spider, never knew the spider behavior. I never like spider...
    Have a good weekend

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love the finish! Quite a spider web created by your spider.

    ReplyDelete

I adore kind comments, and though I may not always reply please know that I read and enjoy them all!