Monday, February 11, 2013

My February TUSAL...

Here in lies my February TUSAL...


You would assume by looking into this bowl, filled with so much red and green floss, that I must have been so very ahead of schedule in my stitching of this years Christmas items....but, alas, you would be wrong. Those, oh so expensive silk floss fuzzies actually belong to my Victoria Sampler "Birds Of A Feather" which has been frogged and refrogged more times than I care to admit. Between the easy fraying of the floss and my dry winter hands...well, let's just say it ain't been pretty!

Anyhoo...onward and upward says my petite assistant...


But, the good news is...I have made major progress on BRD "A Little Quakeresque"...


I was able to finish almost all of the outer framing on the Quakeresques, until I ran out of the Twilight floss, just a few stitches shy of a full finish! I am now waiting for my reinforcements to arrive from 123stitch, that is, whenever the postman is able to dig his buggy out of the deep snow .

And there you have it, dear friend, the good and the bad of it.

Thanks for stopping by, on another snowy Up Yonder morning where the snow counts is now 20 inches and counting, as a light snow has begun to fall. I send you off with a warm hug and a shovel to dig your own buggy out, or perhaps just a nice cup of cocoa and thoughts for a day spent by the fire with a stitch or two for good luck.

Hugs

12 comments:

  1. Great progress on your stitching..
    Lovely orts..
    Big hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have some great progress there! I've been wondering about the snow and the dog walkies....eek.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the progress on Quakeresque, and have to agree with you on the orts...dry hands of winter can sure make them add up :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad to hear you and your family are doing ok after all the snow!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the color you have chosen for Quakeresque. I have that chart and have been wanting to start it but I am in a battle with myself as to what color to choose.
    If it is at all possible, enjoy the snow. Hope the mailman gets his buggy all dug out. *winky-winky*

    ~hugs

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely stitching and fingers crossed you don't get lost in the snow!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello!

    :-)

    Here is my February TUSAL...this month's ORTs include lots from my christmas ornaments 2013.

    http://anacristinap.blogspot.com.br/search/label/tusal

    ReplyDelete
  8. oooo sorry about the frogging but the orts do look pretty :) well done on your quaker piece too and I do hope the thread arrives quickly :)
    thanks for the cocoa and have you tried udderly hand cream ... good for winter hands and stitching (its what quilters use :) the tube has cow patches on it ....:) hope that helps love mouse xxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your Quaker wip is soo pretty. 20inches of snow? Oh my. Stay warm and keep moisturizing your hands dear. I have been doing this too:(
    stitching by the fire sounds so lovley...sigh love Annette
    ps I hope your order from 123stitch can get to you.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I hope you don't have to wait too long for your floss to arrive. I haven't seen this piece before but I'm lovin' it!

    ReplyDelete

I adore kind comments, and though I may not always reply please know that I read and enjoy them all!