Saturday, December 22, 2012

I Hate Little Snowflakes...

Wait, let me rephrase that...

I hate stitching little snow flakes, they annoy me...

I didn't always hate them, and I don't quite know why or when it happened, but one day I just woke up and decided, "I really hate stitching those little snowflakes" on...everything.

I have chosen to step away from the monthly winter themes and focus on learning some new techniques...such as gridding, confetti stitches, and Hardanger.

Anyhoo...

This leads into my 2013 Stitching list, which is smaller than usual and contains some first time and rather lofty designs, not to mention my carry over of current 2012 WIPs...

2012 Finishes...

Blue Ribbon Designs "A Little Quakeresque"
Ink Circles "99"
Cottage Nest Interiors "Downton Abbey ABC Sampler"
Prairie Schooler "ABC" series Stitching Bee

2013 Starts...

Victorian Sampler "Birds of a Feather"
Victorian Sampler "Gingerbread Stitching House"
Mirabilia "Bliss Fairy"
HAED "Tis The Season"


This will be the first time that I have undertaken either Mirabilia or HAED Designs, and since I have been wanting to discover both, I am really excited!

I have also signed up for my first stitching course, a Cyberclass from Victoria Sampler, which will feature "Birds Of A Feather"...yaaay...I cannot wait for January!

You will notice...no little snowflakes included...booyah!

I am hoping to include some RAKs here and there, throughout 2013, to say "Thank you, dear friend"...for I have received so much from the blessing of our friendship!

That would be it for this edition, dear friend.

I send you off with a final post before the hustle and bustle of the Teakettle Clan Christmas begins, and, with it all of Ma's attention...

But...

I wanted to take a moment to wish you a very Merry Christmas, filled with Peace, Joy, and all of the Blessings that this Holiest of days holds!


Hugs

14 comments:

  1. I love your new start..good luck with 2013 stitching projects..merry Christmas and a very nappy new year xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe you should sew on a few tiny snowflake buttons instead! Huggles.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looking forward to seeing these new projects in the new year!
    Have a wonderful Christmas with your clan!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck on your 2013 stitching goals. I know you can do it. Merry Christmas to you and your family. :)

    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  5. Merry Christmas!! It looks like you got your stitchin' all lined up and ready to go for 2013! May it be a year filled with health, happiness, and lots of stitches!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to you and your family. Look forward to seeing your stitching in 2013. LOVE your HAED you have chosen. You can get magic guide fabric which saves you having to grid.

    ReplyDelete
  7. A Blessed, Merry Christmas to you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. oooo nice stitching list ... enjoy your cyber class too :) hope you have a wonderful Christmas and a very merry stitchy new year :) love mouse xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Merry Christmas to you and your family!
    Happy Stitching
    Denise

    ReplyDelete
  10. Well, I think little snowflakes will be my nemesis by year's end. Ha!

    The cyber class sounds interesting. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I don't enjoy stitching snowflakes either - too much starting and stopping! Good luck with your 2013 stitching list...I haven't dared make one yet as it would be a mile long LOL. Thank you for entertaining us all year with your lively blog...have a wonderful holiday season and happy new year!

    ReplyDelete
  12. The four projects for 2013 are a great choice. I have been thinking about starting a Mirabilia for quite a while myself but maybe I should first finish some of my bigger WIPs. But who knows what I will choose to do in 2013 ...
    I wish you and your family a happy 2013.

    ReplyDelete

I adore kind comments, and though I may not always reply please know that I read and enjoy them all!