Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Some Progress And A Silly Question...

Heehaw and Hello, dear friend!

First, I wanted to share a wee start on my Downton ABC...

Cottage Nest Interiors "Downton Abbey ABC"
I am having so much fun stitching this! I love Lisa's design style of alternating letters with pictures...too fun!

My favorite picture just has to be poor Mr. Pamuk...


I giggle every time I look at him!

I am stitching this on White Monaco using Lisa's charted DMC floss...love it!

Now, on to the silly question...

As I was making my Thanksgiving "to-do" list, I got to thinking about our menu and since I do all of the cooking, each year, my menu never varies and has stayed the same for over 15 years. With that in mind, it's fun to see how our different family members react to their favorite dish...so, my silly question is this...

If you could only have one item on your Thanksgiving table (or for the Holiday that is your countries big feast), what would be your most favorite?

I will start...

My most favorite Thanksgiving dish would be...Cornbread stuffing!

Well, kids, that's all for now. I am sending you off with a hearty hug and thanks for stopping by on this crisp fall morning and if I don't "see" ya before Thursday, I wish you a very Happy Thanksgiving, may it be filled with those that you hold dearest to your heart and love the most, and of course your favorite dish, as well.

Hugs

20 comments:

  1. Hands down, pumpkin pie!!! My stepmother makes me my very own pie each year. I could just sit and eat the whole pie as my meal!!! LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Let me think,... to say just one item would be the perfectly baked sweet potato is my favorite Thanksgiving item.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hello deary, very sweet stitching and happy thanksgiving to you and your family xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sweet potatoes! I LOVE them. And not just at Thanksgiving either. Happy Thanksgiving to you. God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So hard to choose one! I think stuffing for me too with a little turkey or chicken in the stuffing. Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So hard to choose just one, and even though I always bring the green bean casserole my favorite is stuffing... apple raisin stuffing :) Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my how can a person chose just one thing on Thanksgiving. I guess it would have to be the sweet potatoes for me.
    Happy Thanksgiving
    Denise

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful progress on Downtown Abbey ABC!

    HMMMM, tough decision. I will have to say that my favorite Thanksgiving dish is sweet potato casserole with cornbread dressing coming in a close second.

    Happy Thanksgiving!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cornbread dressing. Would win every time. My Mom makes the best.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Green Jello! It is a receipe handed down from my grandmother and now my sister makes it every year. So yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  11. mmmm mine would have to be Yorkshire Puddings :) happy thanksgiving :) love mouse xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yum! I am reading others favorite dish and iti s hard. I think mine would be Corn Bread Casserole. So yummy it tastes like a dessert!

    ReplyDelete
  13. It really is hard to choose just one thing. I would have to say my recipe for Baked Corn. SO YUMMY!!

    Happy Thanksgiving!
    :o)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Pecan pie and don't skimp on the cool whip!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh gosh...only one...
    Sweet Potatoe casserole.
    (Orange/Cranberry relish salad and my dressing (which is DELISH!) )

    ReplyDelete
  16. Mashed potatoes! Don't know where I'd get some gravy, though!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love the alphabet, another one to add to the list!

    We just had Thanksgiving leftovers tonight and I'm not sure I could pick just one thing. But if I had to, I guess it would have to be the sausage/cranberry/apple stuffing - a little bit of everything yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh so many good selections, now I have to look up some recipes! It is so hard to choose,cause some things can be eaten all year round, like mashed potatoes and gravy--which I love! But I think I love the turkey... we only have it twice a year, with Thanksgiving being the first time. And I love the smell of it roasting in the kitchen/house also! Plus the gravy that will be made from the drippings! Yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wonderful progress on Downtown Abbey ABC..
    Mine would me pecan nut pie :)
    Hugs x

    ReplyDelete

I adore kind comments, and though I may not always reply please know that I read and enjoy them all!