Friday, November 16, 2012

Pillow Talk...

Good Friday Morning, dear friend, I can hardly believe that Thanksgiving is right around the corner! The trees have lost most of their leaves (and many branches, thanks to "Sandy") and there is a chill in the air that heralds the end of fall and winter to come.

I have some real fun progress to share with you...

First up is my Downton Abbey finish...

"Downton Abbey" by Cottage Nest Interiors


I just love the way it turned out with the Fleur de lis fabric, and if you look closely at the front, you'll spot all of the household staff, including Mr. Bates and his wee cane.

I am beginning work on it's companion chart, "Downton Abbey Alphabet" by Cottage Nest Interiors, which will also be made into a pillow using the same fabric, and they will grace the couches in my family room while I wait patiently for Season 3 to arrive in the states...love!

If you would like to purchase either of these awesome charts, please visit Cottage Nest Interiors and enjoy a nice perusal of the many wonderful goods for sale.

Next up...

My November Cottage...


I can't believe that there is only one more cottage in the series, have we actually gone through eleven already? I have really enjoyed this series of charts and can't wait to get December's chart to round out my year of pillows...all set for 2013...fun!

I have been working diligently on a real sweet treat for my Christmas exchange partner, but since it is a surprise I will defer showing it to you until it arrives at it's special recipient next month...wink, wink.

Each year, like many of you, I look forward to the variety of monthly series that come our way from the many talented designers that we all follow, and since I only chose one series a year it's not easy to pick which one to sign up for...but...after I took a peak at Country Cottage Needleworks "Santa's Village," I just couldn't resist because it is just so darn cute!

I would like to take a moment to ask for continued prayers for dear Dad, as he continues to make the slow and difficult recovery to healing and independence, and for Mom who remains the ray of sunshine in his life...I just love them both...and I thank you for your prayers.

Well, that's what's what at The Corner, as I head out the door on this chilly morning to prepare for  Thanksgiving and the arrival home of one Little Brother, who will be with us for the entire week...yay! I send you off with hugs and wishes for a stress free week as you prepare for your own family feast, and I bid you stay safe and warm.

Hugs

19 comments:

  1. Wonderful pillows. I have prayed for your parents.♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dunno why but I luv me some Mr. Bates! Great pillow and backing choice Ma, have a lovely weekend:) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely finishes Ma T. And yes, prayers for your sweet parents.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love, love, love the pillows! Praying for your folks.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on your new finishes! Downton Abbey is so cute, I just discovered that show and caught up on season 1, have to find season 2 somewhere and get on track :) I will keep your parents in my thoughts and prayers. Have a wonderful holiday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello

    I just found you through another blog.
    Both of your pillows are beautiful!
    Have a happy holiday and best wishes to your parents.

    ReplyDelete
  7. hello dear, both of your pillow are so cute..
    have a lovely holiday..
    love for your parents..
    hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  8. What an adorable pillow nice work.

    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats on your Downton Abbey finish! I cannot WAIT for it to come back to t.v.!! I have enjoyed seeing your cottage finishes, and now I will look forward to your Christmas finishes next year! May God bless your father as he recuperates, and keep your Mom strong as she supports and takes care of him! Happy Thanksgiving! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  10. that fabric is perfect for that pillow, just gorgeous.

    Gill in Canada

    ReplyDelete
  11. I just love Downton Abbey! Your's and the show! Isn't funny so many of us stitchers gravitate to the show. Your choice of back fabric is perfect. And oh Mr. Bates and his wee cane. I do wonder what will become of Mr. Bates this year.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Prayers for you Dad and family. Love your Downton Abbey pillow. Perfect fabric - very regal. I just love that show. November cottage is gorgeous also. Love the grey dot fabric. You've done real good!!! love Annette

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful finishes. Love both pillows. Although Downtown Abbey is my favorite. Gorgeous. Also love the backing fabric.
    Hopefully your dad will recover soon.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I am keeping your parents in my thoughts and prayers.

    I love the pillows, and I will be looking forward to watching your progress on Santa's Village in 2013!

    Happy Thanksgiving!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love love love the pillows! I am also anxious for Downton Abbey to return!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wonderful finishes and stitches! Season three is getting closer!! Yay!!
    Sending many good thoughts and prayers for your dear dad...

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love the Pillows Ma. It is hard to believe there is only one more to go. Wow where did this year go? MOur thoughts and prayers are there with you and over in CA with Pa Sr. and Ma Sunshine. May their days be easier and their love be forever.
    Cheers to everything you are Thankful for down there in Teakettle Corner.
    ILYLALLS

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love the finished pillow you did with the Downton Abbey. Looks fabulous with the fabric that you chose. Louise

    ReplyDelete
  19. Your Downton Abbey finish looks great! I'd love to make one for my parents, but they might not actually receive it.

    Hope your dear Dad is doing better.

    ReplyDelete

I adore kind comments, and though I may not always reply please know that I read and enjoy them all!