Tuesday, November 27, 2012

A Bit Of This, A Bit Of That, And Some Other...

Good morning, dear friend, and welcome on this frosty Tuesday morning. I hope that this post finds you having recovered from the festivites of Thanksgiving and returned to the routine of life in ordinary time. I can hardly believe that it is only a matter of days until we see the fiirst of December, and with it the hustle and bustle of the holiday season.

It has been a busy week at the Corner, but I have found a new and delicious way to start the day...


Coffee with cinnamon has become my one weakness...Wonderful!

Let's begin with a Bit of This...

Thanksgiving was spent quietly, with just the Teakettles around the table enjoying good food and excellent conversation...we ate until we thought we would bust!

#thanksgiving #vegetarian style

And then, just when the guys thought it was safe to return to the table, I brought out the pies...

Pecan Pie...Oh My!
Sweet Potato Pie...My Oh My!
We enjoyed a nice Irish Coffee, along with our dessert...

irish coffee #jameson & pumpkin pie (always room for ;)

And once we had put away the leftovers and cleaned up the kitchen, we enjoyed a DVD and a night of family fun, and the day was...just as I had hoped.

Which brings us to a Bit of That...

The next day was Black Friday, and Pa and I found ourselves forgoing the crowds and crazyness that comes with it, instead spending the day at home together, it was a treat for us both.

Friday night we all headed out the door and to our favorite Italain Bistro to celebrate two special birthdays...Ma and Daughter-In-Love, it was so much fun...

We started with some crazy cocktails...

Appletimi time!
And ended with with some wild desserts...

Tiramisu...me!
And before the day was done...the most beautiful gift arrived from my kiddos...


an Edible Arrangement that was beyond Awesome!

Before we knew it, the week was done and it was time for Little Brother to head back up to school, and Pa and I to head Up Yonder, as we begin another season up on the mountain.

Sunday was my actual birthday, and though I was away from the kiddos, I still had a beautiful day. Pa took me out for a celebration dinner at one of our favorite joints...

Pecan Crusted Talapia
We enjoyed a quiet cozy dinner.

The face of 49...yikes :)
I can't believe that I am...gulp...49...I still feel like a teenager.

And this brings me to Some Other...

On our way home from dinner it began to snow, ever so lightly, and managed to continue through last night, though despite Old Man Winter's gruff it remained simple flurries without much accumulation...

why walk...

Teagan sure didn't seem to mind, as she ran through the dusting in her very pink sweater, and even the car had a nice sugar coating when we woke up this morning...

white overnight :)

I spent the day inside by the fire, watching "Lark Rise to Candleford" and stitching diligently on my Christmas exchange piece...which I just loooove! I can't wait to finish and send it to it's sweet recipient.

I have so much to be thankful for, especially the many prayers that you have said on Dad's behalf. He is getting stronger with each day and though his road to recovery remains a slow one, he is on the right path. We are so relieved, though we are taking it one day at a time, and thank you for your continued prayers.

I thank you for stopping by for a visit, and I send you on your way with a cup of cinnamon coffee and a hearty thanks for suffering through this long winded post..rambling on is my one weakness...wink wink.

Hugs

19 comments:

  1. You look great at 49!! Happy Birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you had a WONDERFUL weekend! I found myself wishing I were with you to sample all the yummies! Off to make some cinnamon coffee....at least I can have that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww very sweet picture of you ..
    Happy birthday dear friend..
    Sending you lots of love and keep warm xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yummmm! Tiramisu, my fave! I could eat that while watching Lark Rise to Candleford! Great series, eh? Like Downton Abbey! Which I anxiously await! Looks like you have a great, long weekend... Happy Belated Birthday! 49 is not old, and you don't look old anyway! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happ Birthday, Ma!! You look fabulous! Best wishes to your daughter~in~love as well. Looks and sounds like you had a wonderful holiday. Just made my special morning hot chocolate, as I don't drink coffee....hot cocoa, cinnamon, vanilla and topped off with whipped cream......yum!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Ma, LOL ~ wishing you the most heartfelt 25th bday ever! Your holiday dinner looks like edible heaven. Tiramisu is just about my very mostest fave dessert ever, birds of a feather:) Have a great week to come sweet friend xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my oh my, so many wonderful food pictures in one post. I have the impression that I've gained at least one pound while looking at them, lol. Particularly the sweet ones ...
    Happy Birthday!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Belated happy birthday wishes. Sounds like you had lots of wonderful celebrating.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy Belated Birthday Wishes!! I am now hungry from seeing all the yummy looking food in your post! : )

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sounds like a wonderful time ! Happy Birthday !

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy Birthday!!! Hope you get to celebrate your birthday ALL WEEK:) Glad to hear your dad is recovering.
    Love your idea of adding cinnamon to coffee. Lovely photos.
    love Annette

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy birthday! I loved this post. The food looks as delicious as mine was. Your home in the woods looks beautiful. My fantasy getaway is exactly what you live. I can see myself cuddled in a homemade quilt stitching by the fire with some lovely flute music going on in the background. Also how do you make that Irish coffee. It looks yummy. I might have to try the cinnimon in the coffee. How much do you put in?

    ReplyDelete
  13. Now I'm hungry. This post left me with a warm cozy feeling even though there is snow outside.
    If that's what 49 looks like, sign me up! You look fabulous!!

    Cinnamon coffee huh? I wonder if it would be tasty with no cream.......

    ReplyDelete
  14. Are you sure you're only 49?? You look great! Happy Belated Birthday!

    Sounds like you had an awesome holiday and birthday as well. The food looks sooooo good!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Happy Be-lated Birthday! Remember you are not 49 years old, you are 49 years young. ;) Sounds like you had a perfect Thanksgiving. Keep warm this winter.

    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  16. Sounds like you had a wonderful Thanksgiving and a very special birthday - you are blessed!

    ReplyDelete
  17. awe, just the thought of Up Yonder... and look there's the cabin just like always. Enjoy the season AGAIN.
    Cheers and Many Happy Returns to being 49.
    ILYLALLS

    ReplyDelete
  18. Just getting around to reading this and wanted to say that you look fabulous at 49, my friend, and you deserve all the happiness you received last week, and in the weeks to come. XOXO, K

    ReplyDelete

I adore kind comments, and though I may not always reply please know that I read and enjoy them all!