Monday, August 20, 2012

My IHSW in Review...

I am so happy to finally be back into a groove of "normalcy" again, and with it I am so happy to be able to join into this month's IHSW.


My hermit weekend started with a bit of a rainy day, but what better weather than dreary rain to hunker down and stay in jammies all day stitching...



Someone had the same idea...



I did take a break to head out and enjoy dinner with Pa, Big Brother, and Daughter-In-Love at our favorite vegetarian Indian restaurant...

when in rome

I stitched some more after we returned home, and into the night with a finish on a mystery WIP which I had been saving for the IHSW. I am calling it a mystery WIP for now because I stitched this sweet treat, which pays homage to the empty nest, for my sister who will be returning today from taking her youngest, my favorite niece, to college for settling in and orientation. Needless to say she will be returning to a house without kids for the first time in 20 years...of course I haven't told her how much better empty nesting is than I ever thought it would be...cuz it is awesome! But if anyone asks I will deny that I adore it, as I do miss my kiddos along with the peace and quiet, so it is truly a mixed bag.



But, I digress, I will be mailing my sister's gift out this week so once it arrives at her house I will post a pic of the finished product, let me say that I absolutely adore it!

I also found some time to place a small order for a new chart and the required floss...

Ink Circles "99"
I have been eying this one for a while, and finally showed it to Pa for his "go-ahead" and with that wasted no time in ordering it...

Check out the title... "99" get it?

We enjoy trying beers from all over the world and as Tracy designed this chart based on the idea of asking her friends and followers to tell her which brands of beers they liked, and she had enthusiasts from around the globe responding to tell her about their local breweries, spots they hit on vacation, and tastiest drinks, and from there she designed this visually correct cross stitch that comes with a "dance card" to identify each bottle...what fun!

I  spent Sunday stitching another cutie that I had set aside for the IHSW, and I am really enjoying my time. I purchased it from the cutest Etsy shop called The Cottage Nest Handmade Goods and it is a tribute to Downton Abbey...

The Cottage Nest "I'm Down With Downton"

 Look at the staff waiting at the ready for the next visitor to arrive for a weekend of country recreation, including dear Mr. Bates with his wee cane.

Here is my progress...


Pa and I had a nice dinner of BBQ, and then retired to the couch for some Premier League Soccer, while I stitched the night away, and enjoyed a glass of wine, it was perfect.




Well, dear friend, that was my IHSW in review and I must say that it was awesome, and just what this tired gal needed after months of nursing Little Brother back to mobility and all that went with it, though I would do it again in a heart beat as these boys are my heart and soul, but I am glad to see that "normalcy" has returned for all of us, especially Himself.

I hope that your IHSW was a super one and I am off to read the blogs to see how everyone spent theirs...

Thanks to our dear and fearless IHSW leader, Joysze, who always takes such good care of us all and follows along. We love ya!

Hugs

15 comments:

  1. Hello

    Lovely stitching and new stash.
    There's nothing better than a rainy day, jammies and stitching!

    Hope you have a good week.

    Holly x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ma, I just relaxed reading your post. Lovely time, company, work and animal friends. :) Let us see the finished project!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great weekend! I'm giggling like mad over the 99 bottles chart - what a HOOT!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww beautiful stitching and lovely stash :)
    I love rainy days :)
    Big hugs cucki x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like you had a wonderful busy IHSW!! =) Great progress!! I too, love "99"...maybe one day! I still have many others by her I'd love to have first!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like a perfectly wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice start on DA!
    99 bottles of beer of the wall? LOL funny :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds like you had a great weekend. :)
    Lovely stitching

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks like a lovely quiet time.
    I love your Downton Abbey project.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Progress on your stitching and new stash. Weekends don't get much better than that.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ooh your weekend looked like it was a perfect hermitty weekend! Love the photo of your cat on your chart! Mine loves to play with my stash. Beautiful stitching and can't wait for the 99 beers to appear :D

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love your new Downton Abbey start :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I too love my children to pieces but love my empty nest. Extra people means extra pickup after. BUt when they need help we are there for them.(my middle daughter just moved back home)
    Love your progress on Downton Abbey
    Happy Stitching
    Denise

    ReplyDelete
  14. IHSW, stash, and Indian food!! Sounds like you had the perfect IHSW, Ma. :D

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love your Downton stitching ! I love the show and can't wait till season 3 . Happy fall!

    ReplyDelete

I adore kind comments, and though I may not always reply please know that I read and enjoy them all!