Thursday, August 16, 2012

My August Cottage

I realized this morning, that I simply forgot to post a picture of my CCN "August Cottage" finish...





Don't ya just love that fabric? It's so much fun and goes so well with the August Cottage floss colors, if I do say so myself.

I stitched this sweetie on 28ct Tea Dyed Monaco (of course) using the designated DMC and GAST "Morning Glory" and "Shutter Green." I did, however, change one small detail in the upper outer flowers from blue to yellow, and I like it better as there was such a lot of blue that the two yellow flowers just broke it up for me.

Hoping that you are enjoying the final few weeks of summer, dear friend, by your own sweet cottage with a glass of lemonade, and a stitch or two for good measure.

Hugs

17 comments:

  1. I love this! The bright blue and yellow is so classic and that lemon fabric rocks! Nice finish!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous finish. And you are right, those 2 flowers just brighten the design up a bit morelove your backing too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. All your cottages are so pretty! I admire your fearlessness to change colors when you think something else will be better. You always make the perfect choice!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loving your cottage cushions they look so lovely and welcoming x

    ReplyDelete
  5. aww i love it too..well done
    big hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very sweet finish and they all look so cute together!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love it! W can sit on the dock of the cottage and sip lemonade!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your yellow flowers look great and the backing fabric makes me thirsty! Too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your August cottage and the fabric you used for the backing--so summery!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. SO CUTE! I'm about to burst with smiles!

    ReplyDelete
  11. The stitching is so pretty and I love the fabric!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sweet finish! And the pillow fabric is perfect!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great finish!! Love seeing all the little pillows all together!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love your August cottage finish. The fabric makes me think of drinking ice cold lemonade on a hot day.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love this one!It is just so pretty.

    ReplyDelete

I adore kind comments, and though I may not always reply please know that I read and enjoy them all!