Friday, July 8, 2011

My New Stand And Some Headless Quilters

I am so happy to announce that my fabulous stand arrived yesterday, and I love, love, love it!


 Oh, she is so darn pretty that I just cannot "stand" it! (Get it? LOL) But really, this stand is divine!

 It has an attachment that includes a daylight low watt light, a chart clip, and a magnifying glass that swivels easily for when it's not in use.
Look at the magnification of the ladies!


As you can see I am way more excited than either of the dogs are.

I stitched the night away with my stand, and have made some great progress on "The Quilters," however I just wasn't loving their heads as charted, I felt that they looked more like beanie wearing gals than Amish women, so I frogged their heads and have been playing around with different bonnets.

I unleashed my inner Tudor and  in my best King Henry VIII voice, I proclaimed "Off with their heads," but in the end every woman needs her head, so, I will show you what I come up with when they are all finished.

I am just giddy with love for my new toy from Santa.
Thank you, Santa my sweet!

Hugs

14 comments:

  1. Ohhhh nice! What a blessing! I'm sure you'll come up with something really sweet for the ladies' heads. Can't wait to see! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am loving your stand I am wondering if they lost their heads because of the great stand.
    Love it lots
    Catherine
    diamondc

    ReplyDelete
  3. you lucky girl you! so,,, now what cha going to get him??? coz ya know, there's sure to be something else come along before Dec, that will catch your eye too...
    I am waiting and checking my mail box every single day now with new found excitement.
    Hope your keeping cool and it is not supose to rain tomorrow for our bash,,,just incase you decide to hop in the car about now to get here by then,,,,,,, lol
    ILYLAS ETYASFA

    ReplyDelete
  4. ooo so glad you are enjoying your new toy :) and can't wait to see the end head 's ..lol love mouse xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOL You are doing great.
    So glad you are enjoying your new toy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooooo that looks awesome! Have lots of fun stitching with it :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. NICE!!!!! This is such a wonderful stand!!!!! Glad you are enjoying it!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You sound just like a kid in a candy store! I'm so glad you are enjoying your new stand.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your stand is looking fantastic. And great that you're loving it so much. Santa is the bestest.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a fantastic new toy! I bet there will be a lot of those on Christmas wish lists this year!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looks like you are really enjoying yourself. What a nice stand. I am so happy for you. Your ladies look adorable and your puppies content with you stitching away. Looking forward to the heads.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congrats on your new needlework stand! The light, the magnifier...oh,my!!! You are one lucky girl! Enjoy your special time with the new stand and I look forward to seeing speedy progress on your WIP'S!!!

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete

I adore kind comments, and though I may not always reply please know that I read and enjoy them all!