Monday, June 6, 2011

My Weekend In Stitches

 If you noticed smoke coming from Ma's neck of the woods, it was my needle upon fabric. These fingers were stitching fast!

This past weekend, I found myself with an unusually light schedule on the home and yard work front, so I did what any stitchy gal would do, I stitched, and stitched until both my fabric and my fingers were smoking!

So, without further adieu.....

I made some great progress on CCN "Red, White and Bloom."

And then I started the next chart on my "Flipin'" Challenge list, LHN "A Stitcher's Prayer"....




I am stitching this sweet prayer on 28 ct Jobelyn "Platinum" using CC Belle Soie, and instead of the entire charted color scheme, I have chosen five "representative" colors. This being my first time using Belle Soie, I am loving it, in fact I may have just started a whole new "Kettle of fish."
So, on to the interesting part, the colors that I have chosen are Icing, Old Crow, Teddy Bear, Tulip, and Weathered Vine.


Stay tuned, dear friend, for further progress.

Before I finish this post, I wanted to share one more goody with you....



This sweet little "Gardenin' Angel" by Prairie Moon is a kit that comes all wrapped up in a sweet gingham package with both the chart and a set of adorable tin star embellishments, that will add to it's charm.
This angel will be stitched for a very dear and special garden gal who will remain nameless until I am finished and she is sent on her way to her new home.
I hope that she will love it as much as I lover her.

Thanks for visiting and happy stitching!

Hugs

21 comments:

  1. Wow! Your needles were smokin'!!! Love all your stitches. What a sweet piece the angel is - I'm sure you will bring a smile to your friend's face!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love your blog. Your stitching is so beautiful. I find it harder to do as my eyes age. The Gardenin' Angel is adorable.

    Blessings...hope your week is full of tea and stitching!

    Pamela

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great stitching. Your needles must be smoking indeed. Love also your prayer and the colors you chose.
    The kit looks adorable. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow you have been busy :) looking fabulous .. really like that chart :) and the gardening angel is really cute too :) keep up the good work love mouse xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love red white and blue. Such pretty colours. Great progress on prayer too :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Much progress indeed! Lovely stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, lots of stitching- oh how I dream of a weekend like that!! I love the red, white and bloom- can't wait to see it finished!
    Zoe

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful stitching, you really have had flying fingers....x

    ReplyDelete
  9. lovely designs. Love the stitcher's prayer!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful stitching. Love the angel too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Well Ma, those are some smokin' fingers :) I love your WIPs...I think I have one of them completed and awaiting framing! :)))

    That "Red, White and Bloom" is a real winner...beautiful!

    Hugs and love to you!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I thought I smelled smoke! Pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Red, white and bloom is so very pretty and cheerful! I know what you mean about the belle soie, they are wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I absolutely adore two of the works listed here
    Your CCN "Red, White and Bloom" is progressing beautifully &

    I have had my eye on "A Stitcher's Prayer" from LHN since I it was posted on Vonna's blog -

    Looking forward to seeing these finished :)
    Hugs,

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your needle is really smoking!!!!!! I love your "White" finish!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great stitching, red, white and bloom is very pretty and fresh looking

    ReplyDelete
  17. Busy hands are happy hands. Happy hands make happy heart. Happy heart makes a Happy life. Your Red, White & Bloom is coming along nicely. Way to go, that's my kinda schedule!
    Be always in stitches.
    ILYLAS

    ReplyDelete
  18. Your project is coming along fantastically! I love the white on monaco (did I say that before? I think I did.) The flowers make the white pop even more.

    Smokin' needle, indeed. :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Great progress!! You really did have those fingers flying this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Doesn't it feel great to get a lot of stitching done. Very cute projects! You definitely have smokin' needles! That Gardenin' Angel is just too stinkin' cute!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wow, you have been busy! I love all your projects especially RW&B.
    As for the Belle Soie, isn't it lovely? If I could afford it, I'd stitch with the silks all the time, I love them so much. I wish there was a conversion chart for them and the DMC so I could swap some on occasion.
    Looking forward to seeing that adorable Garden Angel soon.

    ReplyDelete

I adore kind comments, and though I may not always reply please know that I read and enjoy them all!