Monday, May 23, 2011

Sooo, Anyway....

So, Anyway, here it is Monday and it seems to be rather rainy and dull outside, and I happen to have no idea what in the world to blog about.

My dear friend Jayne, who you all know and love, over at Henley's Landing had a brilliant idea for a topic, but after some thought I decided that perhaps it would be best if I didn't approach "that one." Though I did laugh so hard thinking about it that I almost tinkled myself.

But, anyway....

So, I have been giving it some thought and I feel that a recipe might be just the thing for a day such as today.

So, I present to you, dear friend a tried and true recipe that is a favorite of the Teakettle clan.



Mrs. Williams Broccoli Summer Salad...

Ingredients:
Salad:
* 5 cups fresh broccoli florets
* 1/2 cup raisins
* 1/2 cup sunflower seeds
* 1/2 cup cooked, crumbled bacon
* 1/4 cup of red onion, chopped
* 1 cup of frozen peas, thawed

Dressing:
* 1 cup mayonnaise
* 2 tablespoons vinegar
* 1/2 cup sugar

Preparation:
Combine broccoli florets, raisins, sunflower seeds, crumbled bacon, chopped onion, and peas in a large serving bowl.

In a separate bowl or large cup, whisk together mayonnaise, vinegar and sugar. Add dressing to the salad and toss to mix well.

Chill thoroughly before serving.

Enjoy!

I love to serve this as a side, and triple the recipe for picnics and potlucks.

Hugs

4 comments:

  1. Looks Yummy!!

    Wishing you beautiful rays of sunshine to brighten your day!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha, we must be on the same brain wave. I just posted a recipe, too. :) I love this one, a goodie.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have tried a recipe that is like this but it added cauliflower & broccoli - Very good ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. My husband makes this salad and I love it however he doesn't put peas in it. I dislike peas and he dislikes carrots. We are always teasing one another and threatening to add these veggies to our recipes. I won't be sharing your version of the salad with him. It's just too much of a temptation for him to load me down with peas, lol!

    ReplyDelete

I adore kind comments, and though I may not always reply please know that I read and enjoy them all!