Saturday, March 19, 2011

Progress

I have been a busy little stitching bee these past few weeks, but sadly I haven't been good about sharing my progress updates with you, dear friend. So, here are a few updates to share....

First, "Sheltering Tree," which has not been an easy stitch for me, in fact I have restarted it twice because I have found myself completely lost and off count, but I am mustering through and learning a lot! I have, however, felt that perhaps this is one WIP that just doesn't want to be stitched. Have you ever had one of those, dear friend?


I am stitching this on 28 ct Tea Dyed Monaco (my "go-to") using Valdani Vintage Hues "Olive Green" or as my great aunt Mildred would call it, "Muckleduckle."

Second, "My Stitching Sampler," which is coming along fabulously! I am loving this WIP, the different squares and colors are keeping this one far from boring!
....




I am stitching this one on 28 ct White Monaco using the charted floss and loooooving the colors, as I said. I have also added embellishments from my Mama's sewing supplies as well as from my Great Grandma's sewing machine drawers...notice the hooks above, they are antique that were still on the card, and the buttons as well. I am really excited to finish this very special WIP that is such a combination of old and new. It will be a treasure indeed!

Third is a fun little treat that we found deep in Mama's sewing closet. This is the end result of an applique class that she took many years ago, and which she gave to me to use for the back of one of my cross stitch samplers. I have yet to decide which one as it must be a special one and not just a basic WIP. I considered using it for the back of the "Sewing Sampler," and hanging it Bell Pull style, but I just haven't decided.


Isn't she a cutie? Both Mama and the Sunbonnet Sue gal.
I will keep you posted.

There you have it, dear friend, the updates and progress. As always, thanks for stopping by!

Hugs

9 comments:

  1. your work is lovely. thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute! I love the idea of using the Sunbonnet Sue for the back of a bell pull! I may just have to borrow this idea for myself!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think we've all had those projects that fight us the whole way. It's very frustrating. With me, it's usually a silly mistake - like counting. Yep, counting can be hard!

    ReplyDelete
  4. HEY YOU DON'T NEED ANYONE TO STITCH FOR YOU, YOU SPEED DEMON. wow you just finished the pink squares.
    Nice to see how far you have come on this piece and "sun bonnet sue" is so cute.

    ILYLAS
    as always

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just compleated the sheltering tree and I agree I found it to be very challenging- needed to make a copy and mark as I went along. But it is a lovely piece so hang in there. darlene

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just compleated the sheltering tree and I agree I found it to be very challenging- needed to make a copy and mark as I went along. But it is a lovely piece so hang in there. darlene

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes, I too had one of those onerous charts, was a struggle from the word go. Was a borrow/swap deal and since then I decided it arrived with a funk on it, such is life. I finished it, but didn't enjoy it much, glad that chart is long gone out of my home... Don't be too hard on yourself, find one that pleases you and dig in:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm not loving the Sheltering Tree either. I find that I keep getting lost in leaves and branches and am constantly counting!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, I just love your stitching sampler. that definately seems to be one I'd like to do myself!
    You have such a nice blog!

    ReplyDelete

I adore kind comments, and though I may not always reply please know that I read and enjoy them all!