Monday, February 21, 2011

What Gives!

I have been stitching, in one form or another since the age of six, and since the day that I picked up my first needle and thread, a few important rules of stitching have been drilled into my brain, for instance "Measure twice and cut once," and "Always start in the center of your fabric so that you will end up with enough of an edge to frame or sew your project." So, what the heck was I thinking when I measured, cut and set up the center of "My Sewing Sampler" and how did I get sooo far off the right side?


Ignore the wrinkles, please, as I had to take my WIP off the q-snaps so that I could stitch the edge.

I have come too far to start over, so it will just be an interesting scenario to see how I finish it. Pa had a mighty great idea, in fact, he said I should just slap some duct tape along the edge and that will allow more room to hug the frame. I just love that Pa!

I wonder if this is how Christopher Columbus felt upon sailing to new lands and the real danger of a flat world.

I'll keep you posted on the progress, dear friend.

Hugs

13 comments:

  1. I so know that feeling. I had that happen with my L&L In the arms of an angel.

    It will work out just relax and stitch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Duct tape will fix anything !!

    I am sure you will come up with an ingenious & beautiful finish despite the off set design !!I can't wait to see it :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It just goes to show you're not perfect! But I love the piece. Although I would rather sew a piece of fabric to the edge rather than use tape.

    ReplyDelete
  4. sorry - duuuuuuuuuuh:)

    stitchinsweetsue@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks, Ladies....I hate when I have a brain poot.

    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm with Terri..sew a little muslim on the edge and that will give you more room for framing. I always wonder how I don't end up in the center when I've done all the math and measured and recounted and yet...off center. I dunno.

    ReplyDelete
  7. NO... NOT THE DUCK TAPE.... best rule of thumb??? cut the piece of fabric 6"s bigger rather than only 3 that way you wont run off the map......I tell ya what...
    you run a quick zig zag around the edges, finish off the stitching and fire it off to me and I'll show ya just what this Canadian kid would do with it...........LYLAS;)
    As always

    ReplyDelete
  8. well as an idea to help, you could always stitch a piece of fabric onto the edges of the fabric to help you lace if framing but if you going to make a cushion you will just about get away with the amount you have on the right hand side when making up :) mind you I did like the duck tape idea..lol hope this helps love mouse xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Muslum. Stitch muslum on the edge that is too narrow. It will be under the frame anyhow and will not deteriorate or damage the stitching.

    Don't ask how I know... *wink*

    ReplyDelete
  10. You know, that just makes it more endearing! I know you will come up with a great finish.

    ReplyDelete
  11. heheheeeeee 'brain poot' hahahahaha

    You made me smile when I needed it most tonight.

    On the stitching...I think it will work out but it's strange how that happened.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have the same problem with the Mighty Samurai - I'm just hoping that the framer can work his magic on it and no-one (except everyone here in blogland)) will any the wiser!

    Hope it works out ok, but please....no duct tape!lol

    ReplyDelete

I adore kind comments, and though I may not always reply please know that I read and enjoy them all!