Sunday, January 30, 2011

Ma's Stuffed French Toast

Sometimes, a nice cozy breakfast is just what your Ma orders, and this breakfast is one of the coziest.


Ingredients:
2 slices of egg bread
filling of choice...We use either seedless raspberry jam & cream cheese or  Nutella and bananas.
1 egg
1/4 cup milk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
a pinch of salt
1 teaspoon butter
1 tablespoon powdered sugar

Directions:
Spread filling on one slice of bread and make a sandwich.
Mix the egg, milk, vanilla and salt.
Dip both sides of the sandwich into the egg mixture.
Melt the butter in a pan.
Cook the sandwich in the pan until it is golden brown on both sides, about 1-2 minutes per side.
Top with powdered sugar, and top with butter and syrup or enjoy it naked....Enjoy!

Hugs

10 comments:

  1. Goodness that looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll be right over! That looks amazingly delicious! Can I have some hot chocolate with mine??please????

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness that sounds so worth a long drive to New England...
    As always

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yum! I make something like this without the sugar and vanilla and using a cheese sandwich if I want a quick meal

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh boy, with that delicious stuffing inside this french toast could qualify as dessert and I don't think anyone would mind. I have a linky party going on at my blog right now called "Sweets for a Saturday" and I'd like to invite you to stop by and link this up.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That sound super de duper and a real winner for breakfast this weekend!! Thanks!! edgar

    ReplyDelete
  7. That looks amazing. Maybe it's just the thing to serve hubby on Valentine's day :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Seeing this made me feel hungry! I havn't made this for ages and now I'm going to make it this weekend. I think I'll use banana and peanut butter :-)

    ReplyDelete

I adore kind comments, and though I may not always reply please know that I read and enjoy them all!