Sunday, January 2, 2011

First Post Of The New Year

Pa and I had such a nice first day of 2011, as we enjoyed a day of complete leisure!

Pa enjoyed a morning hike with the dogs....
Lou and Teagan on the hunt for deer.
The beautiful woods that surround our town.
A handsome himself.
after which he sat down to a marathon of football and hockey on the tube, and I spent the day along side him with my needle to thread, as they say.

Prairie Grove Peddler "Cardinals" mini candle mat almost finished. It just needs the final border.
We enjoyed our traditional New Year's day dinner with Little Brother at the table. What did we partake of, you ask?

Well....
Cabbage and Noodles
Buttery Black Eyed Peas

Sauteed cabbage and egg noodles, and black eyed peas....for both good fortune and good luck, in the new year. Not to mention, It's just so yummy.

And after we filled our tummys, it was back to sports and stitching.

A perfect day indeed.

Hugs

7 comments:

  1. Sounds like you had a lovely first day of 2011! I had no idea about black eyed peas being for good luck...as it happens New Year's Eve I had something called Texas caviar and it had them in it! All the best to you and your family in 2011!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy New Year to you and the family....I must say, the pictures of the snow are nice....but I do not miss it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. awe heck, that sounds just as good as what we had...Garlic Bread/cheese, Caesar Salad &Hot Chicken Wings,ohhh my absolute fav,well at least it was,,,(as I ponder why my scales speak) We tend to leave out the Football and go for the real good ole Hockey Games. The Winter Classic provides entertainment while stitching as do any hockey games....
    gotta admit that you got it nailed about that hunter too...
    As always

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a lovely day my dear.

    I keep looking at stitching and trying to convince my self that I CAN do it!
    hugs
    mel

    ReplyDelete
  5. Perfect day! Keep those Southern roots of cabbage and blackeyed peas! I can't imagine eating anything else on New Year's Day! LOL

    Hugs,

    Matty

    ReplyDelete
  6. That does sound perfect start to a New Year. Happy 2011 !!!! :)

    ReplyDelete

I adore kind comments, and though I may not always reply please know that I read and enjoy them all!