Monday, November 1, 2010

So Many WIPs, So Little Time

I have been stitching the hours away these past few weeks and it seems that, though I have more time than many of my stitchy sisterhood, there is still never enough time for all the many WIPs that I have going.

Here is a bit of my needle's current work.....


Stitched on 32 count Platinum Jubilee, using  DMC  300, 3031, 3821, Ecru and WDW  Carrot, Kudzu, Mascara and Sweet Potato. I am going to finish my mat according the charted WDW wool felt in Carrot.


















I recently discovered and fell in love with the Prairie Grove Peddler "Little Candle Mats" series, and have started with "Pumpkins." I just love them all and was able to find them in a bunch for a discount. I already have the perfect votive jar to go with it. I will share a picture of the finish when it is ready....hopefully before Thanksgiving!

Lest we forget the LHN Ornament of the Month......

I finally finished....
#8 "Frosty Flakes"



 And then I grabbed a cup of cocoa and went on to finish......

#9 "Peppermint Twist"

I just adore it!

I was still feeling kind of cozy and decided to finish.....
#10 "Under The Tree"
I love their little faces!

I am now working on......
#11 "All Is Calm"
I am working on this little cutie, which the original one stitched by Diane Williams was finished by our own sweet sister, Vonna otherwise known as "The Twisted Stitcher."

I still need to finish each ornie into a "ready to hang" production, but that will be saved for the very end when all are stitched. I have been stitching mine on 28 count Tea Dyed Monaco so as to have a nice continuity on what will be my LHN tree. I can't wait until all is calm and all is bright and I can share a picture of my tree!

I have been also working on "Blessed Home" in my spare time.....

Dutch Treat Designs "God Bless Our Home"
 And that concludes the end of this tour of Ma's current WIPs.

I am currently waiting for the October SYHO chart which seems to be not only hard to find but requires a fabric that is unavailable for purchase in the size required by SYHO. I am not so "into" the whole program as much as I was in the beginning, but I am determined to see it through and finish it into the book, and I will be glad when I am done.

And last but never least.....
Don't forget to check out Ma's "Thank you" Giveaway page, for her current followers of 2010, as I am just waiting for the November/December chart to arrive so that I can add it to the whole kit and caboodle, which will include all of the charts (minus the floss), a pair of fun Kelmscott scissors and a Puffin & Me Thread Keeper....and maybe a even few more surprise goodies.

Hugs

10 comments:

  1. I see a lot of finishes not so many WIP's. Congrats!

    I love the idea to finish all the ornies at the same time!

    Smiles - Denise

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your needle has been busy! Beautiful progress, I especially love your "Blessed Home", the color varigation is beautifully done (thanks for sharing that tip awhile back).

    Looking forward to seeing your candle mats.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh how I would love to finish off a few with you, and we could be womb mates. In spirits I supose as I still have a few of my own to put to the "Ready to hang" production.
    Thanks for sharing your stitching.
    Be always in stitches.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I always enjoy seeing your projects. You have had some BUSY fingers.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooh, they all look so cute. How do you manage so many WIPs at a time??!! Great progress :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. The votive candle mat is really adorable! I may have to search my LNS's for them.

    Those ornies are cute! I love Vonna's tutorials and recently used one of them. I was amazed at how easy it was to follow. Her tutorials have found a permanent home in my Bookmarks toolbar, LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow!! You've been busy, busy!

    Love all your goodies! Are the candlemats hard to assemble? I have looked at a few of those, but never purchased any.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've not seen the candle mats before. I really like the one you're working on. Your LHN ornaments are cute and makes me itch to maybe get started on one of mine (I've only stitched 2).

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am in love with your candle mats, congratulations on your lovely finishes.
    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  10. I need to get moving on my snowman !!! Yours looks wonderful

    ReplyDelete

I adore kind comments, and though I may not always reply please know that I read and enjoy them all!