Saturday, September 25, 2010

Busy Hands

I have been quiet this past week, it just seems that there hasn't been much to report from life in The Corner. Things here have been peaceful and low key, with the only real action occurring in the changing color of the leaves outside Ma's window, which is the way I like it.

My hands however, have been busy and have wrought some beauty.

I stitched "Country Garden Stitchery" design for the September SYHO SAL. The colors are beyond gorgeous and gave me the opportunity to blend  1 strand of 2 different colors together to create a whole new "impression," and I really am happy with the finish. I do have to admit, however, that it was a bit stressful to stitch as I do not respond well to patterns that have frequent color changes....but that is my own little quirk, and by the end I was suffering from some color overload. But, a cup of tea and a cookie helped. :)

SYHO September


"Country Garden Stitchery"
I was a bit confused on the charted straight stitching for the plaid effect on the house.....so I made up my own rules....long stitches for everything!
and then.....
LHN Monthly Ornament #7 "The Merry Skater"

and after that......

Just for poots and giggles, I made a little more progress on my Dutch Treat Designs WIP. I am continuing to stitch in a diagonal pattern (as the lettering permits) and I really like both the effect and the challenge.
I like the designer so much, in fact that I just ordered another chart from them titled "Love One Another."

Dutch Treat Designs "God Bless Our Home."

Yummy Stitching In A Diagonal Pattern
I hope you enjoyed my updates.

I must now send you over to Vonna's blog, where you may join me in a bit of craft room envy.

Hugs

8 comments:

  1. "Poots and giggles"....
    You crack me up!
    Beautiful stitching of course.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful finishes! I seem to have misplaced my ornament mojo and need to find it quickly. Yikes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You've been busy! Wonderful finishes. Quiet is good...I'll take it any day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just finished the Merry Skater and what fun and how quick are they to stitch! Love your stitching.As always
    Be always in stitches.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you dear friends :) I am just starting to fell like I got my groove going with even and smooth stitches and linen, I have been at this a year and a half it's about time...hehehe

    Peggy Lee...giggle....I love to use funny words. ;)

    Siobhan...I am wishing for your mojo to return...maybe it's somewhere with my patience...;)

    Jackie...your finishes are gorgeous too as are your quilting WIPs. Peaceful is good, but you don't really appreciate until you get to be our age...right? ;)

    Jayne...I know I love these ornies...they are quick and pretty and I gotta mention that I found tons of colored beads that work perfect at Michaels for pennies! ;)

    Off to read your blogs and oooh and ahhh at your talents as well.

    XO
    Ma

    Jayne....

    ReplyDelete
  6. Both your finishes are gorgeous Karyn :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Two lovely finishes!
    Stitching diagonally in God Bless is giving it such a gorgeous varigated look! I keep meaning to try doing that but always end up forgetting.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks, dear friends :)

    Sally...hugs :)

    Blu...it is fun and easier than I thought it would be. :)

    Hugs

    ReplyDelete

I adore kind comments, and though I may not always reply please know that I read and enjoy them all!