Saturday, June 19, 2010

I Took A Drive

I took a drive yesterday and visited my LNS, which sadly is not so local as it is an hour's drive, but so worth it! I am always inspired just entering the store, but add to it the wonderful warm welcome that I always receive from the gals, I always stay longer than I intended and come home refreshed and "itchin'" to stitch.

I have decided that I am going to visit them once a month, and between visits I will keep a list of the items that I need to purchase while there. This will keep me within my stash budget, up to date on the latest goods, and in the stitchy loop, though it may be a detriment to my UPS man's job security.
















I also found a different fabric to stitch "Peppermint Twist" on, a 28 ct Lambswool Linen, that I like a lot. I am going to put the Mirage away in my stash for now and use it for another project in the future.
















I had such a nice drive, the weather was gorgeous and the iced coffee that I enjoyed on the way home was a perfect touch.

It's not so "L" but it is quite an "NS!"

Hugs

15 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, Oh my gosh, Oh my gosh! That's what a stitching store looks like?! Oh my gosh. Oh my gosh. Oh my gosh! I'd faint! I'd need a bib to catch my drool! I'd need a rich sugar daddy to pay for my purchase!

    Sorry...uh...Hi! Good morning! How are you? {giggle}

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a lovely afternoon. I wish I had a needlework shop close by, Ours is 2 hours away and I have to cross the American border.

    great stash Haul too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That sounds divine Ma! What a store! I do really like your new PT twist fabric. Can't wait to see more of it! Now I gotta get me some iced coffee.

    ReplyDelete
  4. geesssse. To bad we're only headed to NH and Mass next week. That LNS looks very interesting.
    Be always in stitches.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a FANTASTIC store! Sadly I do not have a LNS. There is one stitching store here that looks like it has not turned over inventory in years and the customer service is horrid. I would drive an hour for you LNS. I'm glad to hear you'll be visiting regularly.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Guh! My brain melted when I saw your LNS! I'm green with envy!! Lucky Lucky you :o)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful store! I feel your pain. My local LNS is also at least an hour away. The up side: it keeps more of the monies in my wallet!

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMGosh!!! I'd say well worth the drive. The store looks like heaven, you are soooo lucky!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh man does that look like a great place to visit. My pockets would be dying for money to put in them... I would forever be broke.

    ReplyDelete
  10. OMG! What a great LNS. Wish I had one like this close to me.
    I would do some serious retail therapy in there......but I have 2 wonderful quilt shops and I don't quilt....but I think I'm going to take a 6 week class starting in July for beginners......I'll need a second job.....LOL

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a fabulous LNS, I am so jealous!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Really love your LNS and figured out by myself what it means!It would be great to wisit sometimes place like that! Is there (US) lots of that kind stores?

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh my gosh!!! What an amazing store. Lucky you to live in close enough proximity.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I never realized how truly lucky I am until I read how far away many are from an LNS! Thanks gals for sharing and maybe we need to have a LNS meet up...hmmmm?

    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  15. Nice stash. I have some Lambswool (from two different manufacturers) and I love that color, it seems to go with anything.

    My (much smaller) LNSs are at least an hour away, too. While I may spend more per visit than I would have if it was more "local", I think I spend less overall by not being tempted to visit more often.

    Looking forward to following your Peppermint Twist progress.

    ReplyDelete

I adore kind comments, and though I may not always reply please know that I read and enjoy them all!