Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Pears, Progress, And A Flake

I finally finished with the second ornament in the LHN Ornament of the Month series, "Pear Tree," and I am really happy with the way it turned out. I decided to use Tea Dyed Monaco, instead of the charted Linen, and I found it perfect.



I began stitching the third ornie, "He's A Flake," on Monaco, as well, and then decided that I would switch to the charted Linen, which I had in my stash, and I am so glad that I did, as it looks perfect on the Dove background.














My plan is to stitch the ornaments, and then my Mom is going to teach me how to finish them. Yes, dear friend, I am finally learning to use my sewing machine, and thanks to a mother who has spent her entire life enjoying everything hand crafted I will now become friends with the beast of burden, known as my Brother sewing machine. When your Mom can run any sewing machine both blind folded and with her hands tied behind her back, who needs to learn the patience required to sew, right? Wrong! So, I will now be biting the bullet and turning to Mom. Once again, we realize that family is everything.

Hugs

6 comments:

  1. Good luck with the sewing machine! I finally started learning mine this past year as well. I can finish simple little things only!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the finish! Can't wait to see the pic. Also can't way to see "He's a Flake"! I LOVE that chart. Good luck on the whole sewing thing. One of these day's I need to re-learn how to use my old singer and use more finishing techniques other then just framing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice! I am still getting the hang of my machine. My big problem is closing the seam after stuffing the pillow (main reason I bought the machine was to make pillows)!

    Looking forward to your pictures...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on your finish and new start. I have fallen behind with the LHN ornaments.

    My DM also sews & my MIL quilts, time to polish up my meager skills. I am working on creating a space for my sewing machine to take up full time residence.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't started the first one of these ornaments. This one is one of my favorites. I love the linen you selected!

    ReplyDelete
  6. My sewing machine is sitting in the corner taunting me too! I can't sew to save myself and now it seems I can't even thread the &^%&*() thing as every time I go to sew it won't connect, just leaves long trails of thread in it's wake. Thank god I can XS!

    ReplyDelete

I adore kind comments, and though I may not always reply please know that I read and enjoy them all!