Friday, March 19, 2010

Mom Says

Sometimes it's alright to eat ice cream for dinner!

Why, in some countries it's even required!




Old Fashioned Banana Split Recipe

Ingredients:
  • 1 banana, split lengthwise
  • 1 scoop each vanilla, chocolate and strawberry ice cream
  • chocolate syrup
  • marshmallow creme
  • strawberry syrup
  • whipped cream
  • chopped nuts
  • maraschino cherries

Directions:

Place banana slices against sides of long, narrow, shallow dish. Place scoops of ice cream in a row between banana slices. Squirt chocolate syrup on vanilla and strawberry on strawberry. Spoon marshmallow creme over chocolate. Top each mound with whipped cream. Sprinkle with nuts and top each with a cherry.

Enjoy, but not too fast or you'll get a headache!

Hugs

10 comments:

  1. MMMMMmmmmmm. Isn't this a little piece of heaven?!?!?

    Love ya.

    Have a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL, Oh it sooo is, Amy :) In fact i think it may be "what's for dinner tonight!" and it's meatless...win win!

    Love you too!
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL, Oh it sooo is, Amy :) In fact I think it may be "what's for dinner tonight!" and it's meatless...win win!

    Love you too!
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, my, now I've got to go get marshmallow creme. Of course, for dinner, the nuts on top are protein and the fruit and dairy. What more could you want? :P

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the photo, it does look yummy, especially since my dinner was 4 oz of BBQ chicken, 1 cup of potatoes and 1 cup of green beans. Can you tell that I really wish I could dive into that banana split? Good thing I am at home with no car tonight. That would throw my week into turmoil Thursday is weigh in night.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you so much for visiting me at Sunbonnet Cottage and for your words of encouragement.

    Your blog is truly precious.

    Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh My Socks....Looks just like the ones Mr Jerry used to make on the Ice cream truck... In little blue plastic boats!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Mmmmmm! Now that's a vegetarian recipe I can really get behind!! I'm licking my lips and second guessing my plan to have a spinach smoothie this morning!

    ReplyDelete

I adore kind comments, and though I may not always reply please know that I read and enjoy them all!