Wednesday, March 24, 2010

An Easter Favorite

Chocolate Easter Nests
Ingredients:

8 ounces milk chocolate, chopped
2 - 2 1/2 cups chow mein noodles
12 -18 small jelly beans, speckled malted milk eggs, or other egg shaped candy

Directions:

Line a baking pan with a piece of aluminum foil, smooth the foil, and then butter or spray the foil with a non stick vegetable spray.

Melt the chocolate in a heatproof bowl over a saucepan of simmering water. Gently fold in the chow mein noodles, being careful not to break them.

Spoon six mounds of the mixture onto the prepared pan and, using your fingers, form each mound into a 4 inch (10 cm) nest shape. Make a small indentation in the center of each nest.

Place the pan, with the chocolate nests, in the refrigerator to set (about 30 minutes). Just before serving, remove the nests from the refrigerator and place 2-3 small jelly beans or other egg shaped candy in the center of each nest.

Makes about six - 4 inch nests.

Enjoy!

Hugs

5 comments:

  1. What a nice idea, mind you it would go right from the lips to the hips. That toll booth is seemingly an easy pass. Have a spring of a day and
    Be always in stitches.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness Karyn , I love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooooh I'm definitely making these with Cole! He will love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't know what they are called, but have you ever made the ones that are made out of shoestring potatoes, melted butterscotch and marshmallows. They are sooo yummy. If you haven't tried them, you should. Same idea.

    I'll have to try these. I've never tried them before.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I had forgotten these! Yummers!

    ReplyDelete

I adore kind comments, and though I may not always reply please know that I read and enjoy them all!