Sunday, February 7, 2010

Auntie Mare's Cheese Bread

This is a bread recipe that my aunt has been making for as long as I can remember. It is a Teaketle clan favorite and beyond!

Ingredients:

1 French bread, sliced in half, lengthwise
10 ounces shredded Cheddar cheese
4 green onions, chopped
1 cup mayonnaise

Directions:

Preheat broiler

Chop the green onions, I use my food processor until they are diced. In a large bowl combine the cheese, green onion and mayonnaise, until mixed completely.

Open the bread and lay both sides flat on a foil covered cookie sheet, with the cut sides up. Spread the cheese mixture on both halves of the bread, covering to the edges.

Place in the broiler for 2 minutes, watch closely as it will go from perfect to burned very quickly.

Slice and enjoy*

*Be careful as the cheese is very hot and as we have all learned in my family, it can burn the roof of your mouth, thus ruining any further cheese bread enjoyment.

Hugs

14 comments:

  1. Almost makes me want to try to venture to the local grocery through the remains of our nor'easter to get a loaf of french bread! yum! PS Love the new look of your blog. Real pretty!!
    Robin
    http://stitchingwitch.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh man....THIS needs to be part of my repertoire each month. Yummm!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm going to make that tonight!! For the super bowl, as I have the bread! Yeah! Geaux Saints. (although I like Peyton, too.) But go black and gold. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cool! Let me know how you like it :)
    I am making it too :)

    I am torn too...Payton or Reggie, it's a toughie ;)

    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  5. That looks soooo yummy and is making my mouth water.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mmmmmm. Sounds sinfully delish. Maybe a good side to go with a dinner salad...with a batch of those yummy red velvet cookies for desert. Yeah. That's what I'm talking about! :0P

    Thanks for sharing another great recipe!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks yummy. We will make some for Tuesday night to watch the Saint's victory parade.

    Believe Dat!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Mmm.. looks good I will add this one to my menu. They say the way to a man's heart is through his stomach.
    Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This looks so good my grand-kids would love this.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Just bought my French Bread...serving tonight with some chili! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

I adore kind comments, and though I may not always reply please know that I read and enjoy them all!