Sunday, January 17, 2010

Red Velvet Cookies

A Teakettle clan favorite, turns into cookies!

Ingredients:
1 Box Duncan Hines Red Velvet Cake Mix
2 eggs
1/3 cup oil

Mix all ingredients together to make the cookie dough.

Roll into balls and place on a lightly greased cookie sheet.

Flatten down slightly.

Bake at 375° until the tops crackle (about 8-10 minutes) or until desired doneness.

Cool completely and then frost.


Cream Cheese Frosting:
1 8 ounce package cream cheese, softened
1/4 cup stick butter, softened
2 teaspoons milk
1 teaspoon vanilla
4 cups powdered sugar

Beat cream cheese, margarine, milk and vanilla in medium bowl with electric mixer on low speed until smooth.

Gradually beat in powdered sugar on low speed, 1 cup at a time, until smooth and spreadable.

Ice each cookie to the edge and Enjoy!

4 comments:

  1. sounds lovely...but we cant get the mix here!!! Curses!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. No worries...I will post a recipe for the cake from scratch! :)

    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness! Oh my goodness! Oh my goodness! This "sounds" like the perfect Valentine treat! You always share the best recipes!

    You know, I'm a complete sucker for cookies. This is gonna be delish, and fun for the kiddos to help create and decorate. Thank you so much. I'm adding this to my recipe box!

    ReplyDelete

I adore kind comments, and though I may not always reply please know that I read and enjoy them all!