Now, before you yawn and drift off, dear friend, let me fill you in on the back story. You see, I have only begun stitching this past June, and as such I am really very new to the world of cross stitch. Being that I am also persistent and pushy, I have become an avid and passionate stitcher who has made many wonderful friends who share my passion for all things cross stitchy. This back story is long, so as they say, "Long story, short," my cross stitch experience began out of necessity and a three month confinement to the recliner, after a bad fall and subsequent foot surgery. What started as a small kit that I figured would pass the time, turned into a passion that finds me still rushing through my chores so I can sit and stitch. Yep, I've got it bad! If you ask anyone in my family, they will tell you that I have great passion but poor follow through, so it is with real astonishment that I find myself as passionately addicted to cross stitch today as I was back in June, I really have found my "thing," and it only took me 46 years!
So, now that you have the back story, dear friend, I am going to move ahead and begin making a list of my WIPs, UFOs, and SAL's so that I can stay on track and accountable to myself and the friends who I have made a commitment to stitch along side. As this is my first time doing such a task, I have read all of your blogs and have been able to create an ideal of this years stitchy calendar and plans. So, as I rub my hands together in great anticipation, I feel like a pioneer about to embark on a new adventure into the great wilderness. Well, not really but it sounded like a nice end to my story.
My Finishes 2009:
- Janlynn "The Nativity"
- Little House Needleworks "Colonial Homes"
- Jardin Prive "My Lady's Quaker"
My 2010 Lists:
- Blue Ribbon Designs "A Sampling In The Square"
- Little House Needleworks "Home Of A Crossstitcher Too"
- Little House Needleworks January Ornament "Fa La La"
- Little House Needleworks Sampler Months "January"
- Jardin Prive "My Gentleman's Quaker" (he just really ticked me off)
- Little House Needleworks Ornament of the Month
- Litle House Needleworks Sampler Months
- My lady's Quaker/A Gentleman's Quaker
- Little House Needleworks Onament of the Month "Februaury"
- Little House Needleworks "My Needle's Work"
- Glory Bee Designs "God Bless America"
- Joyful Expressions "Strength and Dignity"
- Little House Needleworks "Colonial Women"
- Little House Needleworks "In The Beginning"
- Jardin Prive various patterns (Thanks Ann :))
- More patterns than I care to admit!
- Year long ORT jar (thanks Dani)....I am going to continue to use my Slurpee cup chair side, which will be emptied daily into my jar.
- Carry my smaller WIPs with me to work on as I go.
- Finish what I start, no more fighting with my WIPs and shoving it in a closet!
- Re-start and finish The Gentleman
- No New Stash/On The Stash Wagon...use what I have on hand...I am thinking about joining our "sticheranon" on her quest.
- Continue to learn as much as I can from you, dear friend, and try as many new stitches as I can.
O you daughters of the West!
O you young and elder daughters! O you mothers and you wives!
Never must you be divided, in our ranks you move united,
Pioneers! O Pioneers!