Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Hunky Monkey Bread

An old time family favorite.


Ingredients:
2 cans (16.3 oz each) Pillsbury Grands buttermilk biscuits
1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
3/4 cup butter, melted
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1 teaspoon cinnamon

Directions:
Preheat oven to 350°F.

Lightly grease a 12-cup fluted tube pan with cooking spray. In large Ziploc bag, mix granulated sugar and cinnamon.

Separate dough into 16 biscuits; cut each into quarters, shake in bag to coat, arrange in pan.

In a small bowl, mix brown sugar and melted butter; pour over biscuit pieces.

Bake 28 to 32 minutes or until golden brown and no longer doughy in center.

Cool in pan 10 minutes. Turn upside down onto serving plate; pull apart to serve.

Serve warm with a tall glass of cold milk and enjoy!

Hugs

12 comments:

  1. Wow, they look good! Have one (or three) for me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The grandkids love this .......Thank for sharing K.
    Hugs, GG

    ReplyDelete
  3. :)

    GG: YVW..kids of all ages love this ;)

    stitch: I will, I promise, maybe even 4 or 5 ;)

    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  4. My Mon gave us our first monkey bread pan along time ago my kids loved it. Have you tried the one where the put butterscotch pudding on the bread it is very good also.

    ReplyDelete
  5. YUM! This morning I resolved to finally get my act together to lose the extra baby weight. Seeing this hardly seems fair! But I know DH and DS will love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That looks amazing, Karyn, and really easy too! I'll have to make this with Sky in our new oven! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ymmmmm is all I can say. Those would taste so good on a day like today!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are all cordially invited to my home for monkey bread and a cuppa, but you have to pay for your own flights/auto gas :)Wouldn't that be fun? :)We could triple the recipe and call it Gorilla bread!

    Whitey: I have a monkey bread pan too! LOL, that tells ya how much monkey bread we eat!

    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love recipes like this! The kind that can be made with the help and enthusiasm of my kiddos! They're gonna LOVE doing this with me. I also love monkey bread! I've never made it, and didn't realize it was that simple. Thanks for sharing this! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I confess that I clicked the photo so I could view it larger. I just managed, however, to NOT lick the screen. It looks SO good!

    ReplyDelete

I adore kind comments, and though I may not always reply please know that I read and enjoy them all!