Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Ma's Snickerdoodles

Tis the season for the perfect Cookie Exchange treat and these little beauties are it!

These cookies are a Teakettle Clan favorite, in fact no sooner do they come out of the oven, then they are gone!


INGREDIENTS:
1/2 cup butter, softened
1/2 cup shortening
1 1/2 cups white sugar
2 eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons cream of tartar
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons white sugar
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon

DIRECTIONS:
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).

Cream together butter, shortening, 1 1/2 cups sugar, the eggs and the vanilla. Blend in the flour, cream of tartar, soda and salt. Shape dough by rounded spoonfuls into balls.

Mix the 2 tablespoons sugar and the cinnamon. Roll balls of dough in mixture. Place 2 inches apart on ungreased baking sheets.

Bake 8 to 10 minutes, or until set but not too hard. Remove immediately from baking sheets.

3 dozen cookies.

Enjoy!

Hugs

10 comments:

  1. Yummmm... I love Snickerdoodles, Karyn. My recipe is exactly the same as yours except it doesn't add the vanilla--maybe I'll try that next time :) Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These cookies are my favorite. I love them with hot tea.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Let me know how you like them :)

    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yum! I make triple batches and put one or batches into the fridge. Just take a bunch out, let it warm up for 15-20 minutes and then roll in the cinnamon sugar recipe. Fresh cookies out of the oven when you want them.

    I actually keep snickerdoodle, chocolate chip cookie, sugar cookie and peanut butter cookie dough in the fridge.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Have you got that kettle on Karyn, I am just going to pop over the pond for one of those yummy looking cookies. Thanks for leaving the comment for me on my blog, it is a steep learning curve.
    Hugs Barb

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oooh snicks. So yummy! Wish our oven was in commission, I'd make these for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love those cookies! Thanks for the recipes. Hey, I like Donna B's idea. Might have to steal that one, too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just made a batch of these - in fact, the last are in the oven baking right now! :) My kids are oh so happy with mommy right now.

    Going to be making a lot of these in the next week and a half. Two birthday treats for school, snack for Sunday School, and a "bring a dish" Christmas party.

    ReplyDelete

I adore kind comments, and though I may not always reply please know that I read and enjoy them all!