Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Another Holiday Favorite

Grandma Freed's Butterball Cookies

Ingredients:
  • 2 sticks butter, room temp
  • 1 TBS real vanilla
  • 3/4 Cup powdered sugar (confectioners), sifted
  • 2 cups all purpose flour, sifted
  • 2 cups chopped pecans 

Directions:

Preheat oven to 325 degrees and grease cookie sheets.

Cream the butter and add the vanilla.

Gradually add the flour and the sugar.

Add the pecans and blend into dough gently.

Roll dough into 1/2 inch balls and place on greased cookie sheets. Bake for 10 minutes, watching closely.

Finish by dusting the cookies with powdered sugar, using a sifter.

Makes 4 dozen "melt in your mouth" cookies.

A Totally Fab Favorite From My Childhood!

Hugs

9 comments:

  1. Ooooh. I am going to bake these up! My stomach is growling!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They look good enough to eat .

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can these be made without the nuts? Can't do nuts around here.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Enjoy!

    Debi....they totally can and taste great, just not as much crunch :)

    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  5. That sounds just like the ones my grandmother used to make, only she rolled then out like little logs. They really were good. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. My mother made these every year and now I do too. They're my favorites. My mother used to actually roll them in colored frosting and then coconut to make them look like snowballs. I don't go to all that, just the powdered sugar like yours.

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are my Niki's favorite.....
    Merry Christmas !
    Blessings, GG

    ReplyDelete

I adore kind comments, and though I may not always reply please know that I read and enjoy them all!