Monday, October 26, 2009

Aunt Martha's Old Fashioned Popovers


I serve popovers a lot in my home, they are yummy, cheap and easy....yes easy! here is my favorite recipe....thanks Aunt Martha.

Ingredients:
1 tablespoon unsalted butter, melted
1 cup all purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 large eggs
1 1/4 cups milk


Preheat oven to 450 degrees
Spray a large muffin tin with Pam.

In a large bowl, whisk together flour and salt. In a separate, medium bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, and 1 tablespoon warm butter. Pour over flour mixture, and fold until just blended. Fill large muffin pan two-thirds to three-quarters full. Transfer to oven, and bake for 15 minutes. Reduce the temperature to 350 degrees, and bake 20 minutes more, until well browned and crusty. DO NOT PEAK.
Remove popovers from the oven and serve warm with butter.

Makes 6

Enjoy!
Hugs

13 comments:

  1. These look divine. Going to make some tonight. Thanks for the recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for posting, Karyn! I'm definitely adding this to my recipe file!

    ReplyDelete
  3. so does this mean that the "kettles" will be partaking of these this week, hmmmm?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks gals :)

    They are the best thing ever! Serve them warm with butter....omg heaven on your plate :)

    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yummy! Those looks beautifully scrumptious. We make something like these, here. When I was little, my sister and I called them Smurf House biscuits. :0) Instead of butter and eggs, we add four heaping tablespoons of mayo (for the basic recipe). Now that I am an adult, I add all kinds of yummy goodness to them. Cheese, garlic, bacon, or sausage, basil, etc. They're probably sinful, but delicious nonetheless!

    I'm going to try your recipe! They look great. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yummm, I'm gonna' write that recipe right down, may try it tonight! :) Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lemme know how ya'll like them :)

    Pa: I do believe so....it would be a shame to have posted the recipe without making them, since they happen to be your favorite :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Pa: check out Thursday's dinner :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are wonderful. Thank you so much for re-posting them sweetie!
    Hugs & Prayers, GG

    ReplyDelete
  10. Grammy....of course, love you :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yum! I can't wait to make these! Thanks Karyn - my family thanks you too.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Made these last evening sweetie....They were awesome! Thanks again....
    Hugs, GG

    ReplyDelete
  13. I did too! We had popovers "together" :) Thanks Grammy.

    ReplyDelete

I adore kind comments, and though I may not always reply please know that I read and enjoy them all!