Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Love Me Some Fresh Strawberry Pie


INGREDIENTS:
1 (9 inch) pie crust, baked
1 cup white sugar
3 tablespoons strawberry flavored Jello mix
2 tablespoons cornstarch
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup boiling water
2 pints strawberries, cleaned and stemmed
2 cups whipping cream

DIRECTIONS:
Combine sugar, gelatin, cornstarch, and salt in a medium saucepan.
Stir in boiling water.
Boil mixture for 3 minutes over high heat, stirring constantly.
Cool completely
Arrange whole strawberries in pastry shell.
Pour gelatin mixture over berries.
Chill before serving.
Top with whipped cream.
Enjoy!

Hugs

6 comments:

  1. When are you cooking this? And, second question....can I come over and have a piece? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This weekend....and please do :) I will save you a slice!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're so sweet. I bet you really would save me a slice if I were a neighbor. I can tell you are a kind person.

    Enjoy your slice...and mine! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, GREAT! I have some strawberries I cut up last night and they are chilling in the refrig today. Thanks so much for the recipe, Karyn! Get that coffee pot ready....hehehehe
    Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jennifer....come on over for a cup!

    Hugs

    ReplyDelete

I adore kind comments, and though I may not always reply please know that I read and enjoy them all!