Sunday, May 17, 2009

That's The Bee's Knees

I spent some time in the kitchen today, it was so awesome to be upright and standing in my kitchen and cooking! I miss this most mundane task, so much. Thanks to Pa who put a pillow on the seat of a kitchen chair, and I was able to rest my "boo boo" leg bent under, with my knee resting on the chair. This allowed me to stand at my center island and prepare my dish, coleslaw, the recipe that everyone says tastes just like KFC's. It should I got it off the best website for favorite recipes. It's these little milestones that keep me taking it one day at a time....yay me!

Hugs

3 comments:

  1. Hi Karyn, I met Mike online almost five years ago, as we discovered podcasting about the same time. I consider Mike a friend, although we've never met in person.

    At any rate, a few months ago, Mike posted a link to one of your recipes on the blog when he posted pictures of the finished item on Flickr. I've followed your blog since and enjoy your great family recipes that you've shared here. :-)

    I'm leaving this comment on your blog to say I'm glad to know you have some mobility back. Hang in there, with patience, prayer and hope, you'll be back on both feet soon, Lord willing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for both your very kind words and for reading my blog...Mike's a good guy :)
    Welcome!
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are doing awesome, my friend! Praise the Lord for thoughtful husbands and new mobility! AND for your copycat coleslaw recipe--I love that stuff! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

I adore kind comments, and though I may not always reply please know that I read and enjoy them all!