Saturday, October 4, 2008

Aunt Martha's Old Fashioned Popovers

I serve popovers a lot in my home, they are yummy, cheap and easy....yes easy! here is my favorite recipe....thanks Aunt Martha. Ingredients: 1 tablespoon unsalted butter, melted 1 cup all purpose flour 1/2 teaspoon salt 2 large eggs 1 1/4 cups milk Preheat oven to 450 degrees Spray a large muffin tin with Pam. In a large bowl, whisk together flour and salt. In a separate, medium bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, and 1 tablespoon warm butter. Pour over flour mixture, and fold until just blended. Fill large muffin pan two-thirds to three-quarters full. Transfer to oven, and bake for 15 minutes. Reduce the temperature to 350 degrees, and bake 20 minutes more, until well browned and crusty. DO NOT PEAK. Remove popovers from the oven and serve warm with butter. Makes 6 Enjoy!

4 comments:

  1. Popovers and corn chowder! YUMM!! I'm thinking a good Sunday night dinner. Now how about dessert?? :)

    Ann

    ReplyDelete
  2. rice pudding or cherry cobbler....both easy and cheap ;) your pick LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL.....That is so funny , I thought the exact thing.....Those pop-overs with that Chower.

    They will love 'em. Thanks Karyn
    Hugs, GG

    ReplyDelete
  4. we had that for dinner tuesday nite :)
    thanks girls :)

    ReplyDelete

I adore kind comments, and though I may not always reply please know that I read and enjoy them all!