Monday, May 5, 2008

Guacamole

In our home it is our oldest son Sean's job to make the guacamole. He has been making it since he was old enough to use a knife and his is the best I have ever tasted. This is his recipe.

Sean's Holy Guacamole
Ingredients:
4 ripe Haas avocados 
3 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice (1 lime) 
8 dashes hot pepper sauce, we use Cholula (we live on the stuff)
1/2 cup small-diced red onion (1 small onion) 
1/2 tablespoon garlic powder 
1 teaspoon kosher salt 
1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper 
1 medium tomato, seeded, and small-diced 

Directions:
Cut the avocados in 1/2, remove the pits, and scoop the flesh out of their shells into a large bowl. (I use my hands.) 
Immediately add the lime juice, hot pepper sauce, onion, garlic, salt, and pepper and toss well. 
Using a sharp knife, slice through the avocados in the bowl until they are finely diced. 
Add the tomatoes. 
Mix well and taste for salt and pepper. 
Serve with home made tortilla chips. 
Enjoy!

Hugs

No comments:

Post a Comment

I adore kind comments, and though I may not always reply please know that I read and enjoy them all!