Monday, April 28, 2008

Sour Cream Raisin Pie O' My


Pie Filling:
2 egg yolks
½ cup sugar
1 cup sour cream
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp cloves
1 cup raisins
Combine the above ingredients and cook until thick. Pour into baked pie shell and set aside while you make the meringue.

Meringue: 
4 egg whites
pinch cream of tartar
2/3 cup sugar
Beat the egg whites, beating until mounds form. Add the pinch of cream of tartar and the sugar. Continue beating until all the sugar is dissolved and the meringue forms stiff peaks.  Swirl meringue over pie filling and brown in 350 degree oven for about 12 minutes.
Allow to cool slightly.
Enjoy!

Hugs

1 comment:

  1. I had 2 egg yolks left from making marshmallows this weekend, if I had come here yesterday I'd have tried this! I made lemon curd instead, very good, but this would have been nice to try.

    ReplyDelete

I adore kind comments, and though I may not always reply please know that I read and enjoy them all!